script request
Becouse im making a GTA IV mod for AC then i was thinking about the script that shows your hp and armor around the radar.Is this possible???I hope someone posts it couse I dont know anything about scripting my self(in ac)
Thanks given by:
GTA san andreas, there is a game that trumps all
Thanks given by:
You can't do this with a script, but you can do this by modifying the source. Do note that while the engine is open source, the media is not. You'll have to follow the licenses of the media. However, you'll probably make your own media (for the GTA mod) so that might not a problem.
Thanks given by:
CubeScript doesn't have access to the relation between the compass/radar and the equipment stats HUD. Thus, as Gibstick said, it is in the realm of the Deep Magic (AKA C++). I suggest you read up and get to know CubeScript and C++ in your quest for this modification. And remember, if you do end up modifying the client source code, taking that client onto a public server can get you blacklisted! D:
Thanks given by:
im quite noob here and i would like ask some questions?

1.where can i learn the cubescripting or modifying source?

2.blacklist?what the hell,like in most wanted or what
Thanks given by:
2. Blacklist - AssaultWiki
AC Blacklist Reports
Thanks given by:
What about a script that loads a new compass image with appropriate graphics for HP/armor level? Is that a road worth exploring?
Thanks given by:
No script can do that. The only things we can do with the GUI in cubescript is toggle it. You need DEEP MAGICS for that.
Thanks given by:
To further explain,
Modifying the client almost always creates some sort of advantage over "vanilla" clients, so taking a modified client into a public server upsets this delicate balance and can be seen as cheating in many cases. You'd be safer to just not have to argue your way out of it if you're caught.
However, you could safely use the client in a private server.
You could connect a modded server to the master server under a mod protocol (usually the negative number version of the current protocol number). That way anyone who decides to enter the modded server needs to have the same modifications in order to maintain the aforementioned balance.

You can learn about C++ and modifying the source code at many places. I recommend Googling tutorials for C++. You can get the AC source code here.

CubeScript is a scripting language for the official, standard versions of AC. Theoretically, you can make any scripts without fear of being accused of cheating. A good place to start would be to simply read the docs.
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 11, 01:08AM)V-Man Wrote: Theoretically, you can make any scripts without fear of being accused of cheating.

'Theoretically' being the key word there.
Anybody want this burst fire script I made? XD
Thanks given by:
Anyone can make that.
At any rate, as the devs find scripts to disapprove of, subsequent versions of AssaultCube block the ability to make such things. Thus, you can't really get blacklisted for a simple script.

...Keyword "simple."
Thanks given by:
thankyou for replying you all guys ill try to make some of it couse my iv mod is allmost finshed,all the graphic job is done and audio also,so i just though that the radar mod is awesome
Thanks given by:
...Really?
Can we see it? :D
Thanks given by:
sorry not yet im trying to make it better.xD wait plz it comes out soon,i think maybe in a week or so
Thanks given by: