AC needs some ...
... some more reality player models. it will defiently change the look of the game, we all should try into turning this game of something 'more reality' some good models would be a great step.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2767.html
Thanks given by:
Damn you beat me to it...
Thanks given by:
N-N-N-NINJA'D... by V-Man, which is actually pretty predictable, and thus a slight bit less special :-/

* VenteX is going to curl back up in his corner now
Thanks given by:
(20 Apr 11, 10:57PM)V-Man Wrote: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2767.html

lol these looks cool xDD
Thanks given by:
I actually was something more about : http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/300/viperred2hi.jpg

and:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1264/leopardvgui.jpg

I think there should be a women player model and a men player model so every gender can choose thier specific player model. also i'd suggest another feature: when you were kevlar in AC, there should be something like armour on your body or where you wear helmet there should be a helmet on your head, sounds gret ehh? ;)

(PS: im almost 100% sure its not possible in ac but yeah .. )
Thanks given by:
hahaha CS
Thanks given by:
thats would be a looot of work ... why are you not happy with the current ones?
Thanks given by:
lol i mean the player models look ok as they are but a normal person dosnt have a swharp cornered head :S htats what i hate with them they aren't smooth :S otherwise they look ok ;)

btw.... euuu what the **** is that for a lady not at all nice :P i know nice ones ;P
Thanks given by:
That's not for AC.
Thanks given by:
Actually, there're plans about this already and we'll have a talk on this issue soon.

Though, it's less likely anything desinged for AC will ever be that "realistic" (highpoly) like on those pictures you've got there. However, this kind of stuff isn't done within a couple of hours, so you'll have to be patient. ;)
Thanks given by:
I don't think it would be too hard to do the armor idea. all it would take is having a helmet and vest world model, and when a players armor is above a certain amount, they get rendered along with the player model.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, right. Not hard at all. You'd just have to do new player models.
;)
Thanks given by:
I know i don't fully understand how it works, but couldn't you just have a separate model (like the guns) that would only be shown when the players armor is above a certain point?
you wouldn't have to have a whole separate player model.
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks , Mr.floppy.
Thanks given by:
Lantry, I think it takes too much time to load a new model.
Thanks given by:
Lantry, you're right there afaik.

Gibstick, I'm not a coder, but as far as I understand this stuff, I think the playermodel is loaded when launching the game (once) and won't be erased from memory until quitting the game. If that's the case you wouldn't need to load the model each time during the game and there wouldn't be no loading related time lag.

I think the idea is possible in general, though with additional memory required and of course, more polys to be rendered. Well, as I already said before... be patient! ;)
Thanks given by:
@Lantry and others: the issue is not so much with the player model itself. The problem is that you'd need to add so-called tags, which are basically points where the kevlar/helmet/whatever model would be attached. It would be quite hard (i.e. lots of work), if not impossible, to add them to the current player models. Those are in md3 format (frame-based animations), so the tags would have to be positioned individually, by hand, for each of the ~100 frames.
Thanks given by:
Correct tempest, but the basic idea is to make a new model alltogether, so md5 would be the format of choice anyways.
Thanks given by:
^The AssaultCube engine supports MD5? I thought that was a new addition for Sauer. Or is it yet to be implemented?
Thanks given by:
hey StRaTo i guess not,i took a little look on ac source and there is md2,md3 for model files.
Thanks given by:
I would like to see some new models especially if armour is visually added! Just an additional thought, why dont we slow the players movement when armour is added and heavy weopons are carried. This is done in many games and gives a more realistic experience and alows another tactical element to be played (fast & light v Slow and heavy armed)

Just a thought...
Thanks given by:
It's a similar idea to what was suggested about adding heavier weapons such as an LMG to the game.
I think the general decision was that it didn't really work with the flow of the game.

DES|Anderson Wrote:V-Slow
lol. Sorry, that's just what I saw when I glanced at your post for the first time :D
Thanks given by:
I hope MD5 is supported soon. Maybe I'll finally be able to make a mod without a_slow_old_man helping me with animation every time :)
Thanks given by: