Why Assault Cube is FUN * NOW WITH SCREENSHOTS!!!
I recently had one of the most FUNNEST time EVAAARRR.
I was playing and some dude voted a map called ac_ruines1.0
It is parkour heaven. Parkour is a sport in which you get your self the most effieceint way possible, from point A to B in the least amount of time. Example- James Bond jumps off a roof and swings him self on a telephone pole to avoid bullets raining on him frmo behind.
So there are these ledges that are AMAZING to jump from. I sound really dumb right now, but I seriously had one of the most fun times in a game ever because of that map. There are so many cool spots where you can dodge your enemy's grenade. LSS is the best mode to play it in. I dodge everyones nades jumping from the high elevated platfrom spire. The map has a very unique musty, rocky, feel to it. I reminisced the awesome time I had doing parkour on other maps. But this one beat them all.

Thank you Assault Cube and also thanks to the makers of the map. Serisouly we should make it an official server map.
thanks.
p.s. al so maybe we could have like small competitions between games with the best parkour maps. Idk just an idea.
Sadly alot of awesome maps dont get played. Do people a favor and make a vote for a unknown map.
---------------------------------
Update* ME and two players had the best time ever on assault cube. Cevil and Ice were my parkour buddies for 3 hours last night. We explored every nook and cranny in ac_ruines. People did understand us, so they decided to go ahead and kill us. We killed them first and resumed our fun xd. This is what makes AC FUN. I seriously think that assault cube has the best and friendliest community out there. I salute you AC!\
P.S. im gonna upload the fun we had later on in the day so please check that out xd
[Image: 29xtl5_th.png] Here is a sccreen shot of me and cevil xd
[Image: 2hy7z0x_th.png] everyone here!

edit* I learned how to extract the screenshots out my AC folder its all good thanks so much Lucky! and others
[Image: 3039tp2_th.png]HERE IS A WAYYY BETTER ONE. Shows all the routes I discovered.
You saw it here first Parkour in AC ! xd
[Image: 120mu0h_th.png]ANOTHER PATHHH or the same xd This path is awesome to escape da nades. But ya gotta be quick

Mod edit: Thumbnailed pics and linked them, to reduce the image size
Thanks given by:
Press F12 to take a screenshot.
Or type: /screenshot
Thanks given by:
Wow thanks Open xd.
Thanks given by:
A new game mode called PK (Parkour) would be epic.
Where you cant kill people, unlimited ammo (for rifle jumps) and fall damage for realism!

would be AMAZING for Gemas.
Thanks given by:
Ahh, ac_ruinas. Good map, especially for DM and OSOK :D
Thanks given by:
@Mykegregory dude awesome idea If only AC would incorporate that mode.XD anyway I have a problem. I took a screenshot of another cool map, but I just dont know where it went on my computer. I clicked f12 just like Opensource suggested, but I cant find the file on my computer?
Thanks given by:
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/FAQ#W...me-home.3F
Thanks given by:
Yea that link is kinda confusing can somone explain in simpliar terms?I have a screenshot savedon my comp. I need it so I can physically upload it to the forum. I pressed f12 in game to screenie NOW I dont know where the screenie went.
Thanks/
Thanks given by:
find your assaultcube folder then open it then open the folder called Screenshots and all the ones you have taken are there :)
Thanks given by:
[Image: Fun-Fun-Fun-Fun.jpg?imageSize=Medium&gen...ecca-black]
I had to do it.

I do like the idea of a parkour thing, but it would be a little odd. Since it would work with gemas, I'd rather not have it. While gemas can be fun(to some)... I don't think AC should make it a part of the game.
Thanks given by:
Well, your gonna have to learn all the vaults in parkour first =p
Thanks given by:
I can do a dash vault, almost a kong. True story bitch.

GEMA MODE PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ. Parkour is so ftw.
Thanks given by:
On 1.0.4 there were gemas which were something like parkouring. On public servers it was impossible to play because everyone killed each other but in private server with bunch of good friends it was fun.
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 11, 12:39PM)Lightning Wrote: I can do a dash vault, almost a kong. True story bitch.

GEMA MODE PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ. Parkour is so ftw.

When I did parkour while back I could do all of those and a wall run -.-
BTW what iis GEMA mode? Ive seen it in the server lists but its always empty :(
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 11, 04:02AM)lucky Wrote: find your assaultcube folder then open it then open the folder called Screenshots and all the ones you have taken are there :)
Unless you're using a Mac, in which case you first need to make an acceptable sacrifice to the gods of the underworld, then follow the hidden passages to your AC game-home.
Thanks given by:
Enough about the screenshots lets talk Parkour! Uploaded a new pic xd.
Thanks given by:
Good decision!
PK mode FTEW!
we should make vault animations and fall roll animations for larger jumps. haha!
Thanks given by:
Screw it and just give every one a jet pack. Jk ;D

Yes PK FTW!!!!
Every time you shoot some one it counts as damage on your self

SuperSniper Splattered Himself XD
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 07:10PM)MykeGregory Wrote: A new game mode called PK (Parkour) would be epic.
Where you cant kill people, unlimited ammo (for rifle jumps) and fall damage for realism!

would be AMAZING for Gemas.

That's how people have been describing the requested "gema mode" for years.
Would be amazing for parkour. :-P

You ain't hardcore
unless you're parkour.

- Wifey, pretending to be AC/DC
Thanks given by:
My weird obsession with this map is unbearable xd
Thanks given by:
Serisouly cant anyone comment>? I have like 460 views and only 19 people comment? ridiculous xd
Please comment about the thread ANYTHING you want to contribute to the gema/parkour in Assault Cube disscussion
Also Maybe if your interested I can I can make a group and we could go on a server and just parkour on this map together we can figure out new spots and stuff.
Peace
My in game name is IRON|KluTcHSt4r OR xExoTiCx
Thanks given by:
You just want to see how many comments you can get. Well if you think you can trick me into posting a reply you're sadly mistaken.
Thanks given by:
Noobzorg say what? +1 to you good sir.
Thanks given by:
<03:00:52> "Castiel": You are not james bond
<03:00:56> "Castiel": You are CLA or RVSF
<03:01:21> "Castiel": I DO NOT WANT PARKOUR MODE
Thanks given by:
parkour...........ha! Cyril Raffaelli is my hero.... But that is because of his wicked kicking wushu skills. David Belle is actually really...... uninteresting. I used to watch the neighborhood black kids do stuff that would put him to shame. Running around and jumping off short buildings and swinging through handrails is actually a LOT lamer than it looks, which is saying something.

On another, more 'on-topic' note, I think when you get the urge for this kind of stuff you should play one of the other low-gravity games like Quake or Alien Arena until the urge wears off. But as far as rifle jumps are concerned I think it is MORE fun to get really good at incorporating them into your regular game-play, instead of having a mode that concentrates solely on that. A novel idea for sure, though. I am NOT against it, but I am not sure I would play it often at all. Maybe if we could come up with a simple way to score it? IDK. It honestly seems that it wouldn't be that hard to make this little mode, and if enough people want it will probably be done. Start a poll!
Thanks given by: