want to map - need an idea
I need an idea for a map, and I was wondering what kind've ideas you guys could come up with. Please don't give me stupid crap like [email protected], or crap like that. But I'd love to hear some suggestions.
Thanks given by:
The best idea i can give you is, think about it yourself. You'll feel a lot better looking back at a map which was completely designed and thought about by you.
Thanks given by:
I have 0 creativity whatsoever, xD. Which means I can't really think of anything, I usually end up stealing designs from official maps, or good quality custom ones.
Thanks given by:
Usually, when I have to create a map, I already have an idea in mind, not the opposite :P

Anyway, think about unused themes, or something new.....
Thanks given by:
I think you should make a map based on a can of spam.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2288.html

If only more people contributed to this...
Thanks given by:
VenteX, I saw that thread right before posting this thread, thought it made more sense to make a new thread.
Thanks given by:
make a churchmod, they go down well :)
Thanks given by:
If you don't have your own idea when you start your map , you'll make shit.
Don't search idea , search themes (desert , sanctuary , night , ice , water , wasteland , industrial). After that , look at textures light mapmodels... who run with your theme and try something well. ;)
Thanks given by:
Underwater map FTW!
Thanks given by:
Think of a place you've been (or go to all the time) and imagine whether it'd be cool to play it like an AC map. The cooler the concept, the more fun you'll have making a map based on it.
Thanks given by:
Think of a small/medium-sized environment. Then, sketch it out on paper.
It actually helps a lot if you sketch out ideas on paper for maps before jumping straight into the map editor. That way you sorta have a lead sheet when making your map ;)
Thanks given by:
A school
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 02:48AM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: A school

I've thought about doing this one before, but i decided it would be too creepy. I still think it would be a neat map, I just don't want anyone to think I'm a serial killer or anything
I usually just look at my surroundings every once and a while and think about 1) how much fun an AC map like this would be, and 2) how difficult/possible would it be to make it into a map.
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 02:19AM)spamma Wrote: Think of a small/medium-sized environment. Then, sketch it out on paper.
It actually helps a lot if you sketch out ideas on paper for maps before jumping straight into the map editor. That way you sorta have a lead sheet when making your map ;)

One problem with that, I suck at drawing, and probably won't understand what I'm drawing myself.
Thanks given by:
i draw my ideas on paper and then i will build map:)
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 02:57AM)Lantry Wrote:
(18 Apr 11, 02:48AM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: A school

I've thought about doing this one before, but i decided it would be too creepy. I still think it would be a neat map, I just don't want anyone to think I'm a serial killer or anything [...]
WTF?
If you could imagine what was my idea of a map some days ago I would be in a nuthouse. :D

Seriously, don't think about that, and go ahead if you have that idea!

Thanks given by:
Like, the school would be a CLA drug smuggling ring....
Thanks given by:
SuperSniper haz idea, ok because I freaking love WW2 it would be cool if you made a Urban town with the sides of buildings blown out by air rades and tanks and thing like this.

lol@Mai Mee Tur

BTW make this map with snipeing in mind ;)
Thanks given by: