Editing question
This is probably a stupid question, but I can't find the answer elsewhere. How, on a mac, with the newest version of assault cube, can I change the corner of the cursor that has the red dot? Like move the red dot to another corner of the larger square? Help? PLEASE???
Thanks given by:
I don't think you can move it. It marks the vertex you have selected and are currently editing if that cube is a heightmap.
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 11, 02:09AM)Mael Wrote: I don't think you can move it. It marks the vertex you have selected and are currently editing if that cube is a heightmap.

But if I am trying to make a ladder on a wall, and the wall doesn't have the red dot on it, how can I put the ladder on it? I mean the entity, not the mapmodel.
Thanks given by:
Move over one square in the correct direction.
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 11, 02:29AM)Zarj Wrote: Move over one square in the correct direction.

Oh my god. How did I manage not to figure that out? Thank you so much
Thanks given by:
You can select the cube "under" a solid wall.

[Image: howmakeladder.png]

The square is a cube, the black ones are solid, the red marks your selection.

On the right, you create a ladder entity against the wall by selecting the cube next to the wall.
On the left, you do the same by selecting the cube under the wall where you want the ladder.
Thanks given by:
The purpose of the red dot is to distinguish the corner you're selecting, and each corner pertains to an entire cube.
Each cube is represented by its northwest corner. The math behind it has to do with the difference between floats and integers. It's easier to see this in 1105 with the "getposition" command.
Thanks given by: