server stuff... again
I've posted stuff about my server before but no-one has ever been able to give me a solution. Maybe this time eh?
So my server has this habit, every now and then it fails to ping the masterserver, often for weeks on end. It could work perfectly one day, and then the next not all. Currently it's not connecting.
I can connect to the masterserver in game though and go onto servers so it's not a blacklist problem.
Hope this helps you to help me.
Thanks given by:
this happened to me as well... Try changing the port to say 2000 then adding the server switch -f2000

Maybe this will help, it did for me.
Thanks given by:
Your server is contacting the master server. This means you probably have a port forwarding problem. The most common cause of this is dynamic assigned internal IPs.
  • You forward to, eg., 192.168.100.1
  • You switch off your PC
  • Another device on your network gets the IP 192.168.100.1
  • You switch your PC and server back on, and it gets assigned, eg., 192.168.100.2
  • Port forwarding is borked
If this is the case, the cure is to set your PC to receive a static IP in your router config, or set a static IP on the PC that isn't in the dynamic range assigned by the router (but is still in the same subnet). Check out your router documentation to find out which is easier/possible, or google...
Thanks given by:
I dont have a dynamic IP. O.O
Thanks given by:
Dyanmic internal IP != dynamic external IP
Thanks given by:
I seemed to have fixed it whilst attempting to do what jamz said. I found out that the laptop I use isn't actually what I had assigned the application to >.<
All the devices in the home network have host names that are almost exactly the same so it was never clear to me which was my laptop (hey I didn't name them!)
Thanks for the help guys
Thanks given by: