Poll: Would You Like the CBL to be Publicly Readable?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
56.76%
21 56.76%
No
40.54%
15 40.54%
I Don't Know
2.70%
1 2.70%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Public CBL
Can the public please have read access to the CBL? I'm not sure why no one has asked before :/
Thanks given by:
No one is able to read it besides the devs, that's the way it should be.
Thanks given by:
I disagree completely. Why should only devs know? It SHOULD be completely transparent...
Thanks given by:
pwnage is right.

We do not want people complaining.
If we make it public, we will have a lot of useless threads in the forum. But the CBL is not intended to forum discussions.

Thanks given by:
I think people have a right to that kind of information.

But if you've made your decision I'm sure you'll stick with it. Though I must say your reason doesn't really make sense.
Thanks given by:
I am requesting that open records and documents for the Assaultcube Central Blacklist (CBL). Please be advised that I am prepared to pursue whatever legal remedy necessary to obtain access to the requested records. I would note that willful violation of the open records law can result in a fine of up to $50 and the award of reasonable attorney fees and other costs of litigation. Thank you for your assistance.

-JGAN
Thanks given by:
Whenever I make sensible, thoughtful requests people feel the need to troll me out. Thank you to those of you that gave helpful replies, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear.
Thanks given by:
its not the most interesting thing anyway.. i do have an old copy somewhere though
Thanks given by:
Please be aware that no-one is CBL'd without documented proof of an offence. All of this proof is conclusive, and obvious to anyone, not just the experienced eye.
If there is a blacklist post for cheating, and it's obvious, there's a good chance the player involved will have all his IPs CBL'd for a period of time. The time period varies depending on a number of criteria; status in the AC community is NOT one of these.
The job of the CBL is to attempt to minimise disruption to play in AC servers and everything possible is done to ensure that innocent players are not affected.
JGAN is not trolling; he is upset because he was banned for cheating.
Thanks given by:
My main thought wasn't how interesting it would be. It's an access thing.

It shouldn't be hushed up. The "complaints" it could generate isn't a relevant argument to the contrary. Nor can I think of any argument that is to be honest.

EDIT:
(09 Apr 11, 05:08PM)jamz Wrote: ***snipped***

Ah.
Thanks given by:
I do believe that there should be some form of the CBL open to the public.
Thanks given by:
A few people have since told be they think it should be as well, so I added a poll.

Not that you have to listen.
Thanks given by:
it's already available http://woop.us/assaultcube-central-blacklist !
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 11, 06:02PM)AtoMikK Wrote: it's already available http://woop.us/assaultcube-central-blacklist !

The above post by Brahma makes me think this isn't really the official one though.

EDIT:
Quote:[2011-04-09 16:58:43] <quinnw> Is your CBL actually the official one?
[2011-04-09 16:58:44] <quinnw> http://woop.us/assaultcube-central-blacklist
[2011-04-09 16:59:06] <Drakas> it's a mirror of the central blacklist
[2011-04-09 17:00:46] <quinnw> Brahma had told me that it wasn't going to be publicly available.
[2011-04-09 17:00:52] <Drakas> I've provided you with what the masterserver provides to the servers

EDIT: EDIT: There are now instructions available on how to get the list yourself.
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 11, 05:08PM)jamz Wrote: Please be aware that no-one is CBL'd without documented proof of an offence. All of this proof is conclusive, and obvious to anyone, not just the experienced eye.
If there is a blacklist post for cheating, and it's obvious, there's a good chance the player involved will have all his IPs CBL'd for a period of time. The time period varies depending on a number of criteria; status in the AC community is NOT one of these.
The job of the CBL is to attempt to minimise disruption to play in AC servers and everything possible is done to ensure that innocent players are not affected.

actually i was trolling. im not angry at all, considering that according to drakas' list, im not cbl...? O_o
but i do think that the cbl should be publicly available. the blacklist thread is, and people complain about being blacklisted on it there, so why shouldnt we complain about being blacklisted on the cbl? i mean, if there is sufficient evidence, we cant get away with cheating or complaining so we should be on the cbl.
Thanks given by:
Drakas still isn't sure whether or not his list is correct. There is possibly another list as well.
Thanks given by:
its wrong. 67.253.174.0/16 is a h4x0r (and so are a few other ranges, but nobody will know ;) muahahahaha)
Thanks given by:
Yah. None of the IPs gathered from that list have ever been reported either.

EDIT: That's actually not correct. My bad.
Thanks given by:
i just want to get one more word in edgewise:
Brahma Wrote:share is the secret of success

SHARE IT, DAMNIT!!
Thanks given by:
for me this post what spammers do is every time I connect to this forum the only thing I see is post about this guy who is not nor do I want to know
Thanks given by:
Then don't connect. However I think we both know that's not true. Nor does that comment belong in this thread, to be completely honest.
Thanks given by:
is that you live in this forum there are many more important things to do this post, when you close this and you will go to another and so these all day, I only use this forum to report those who hack the game and sometimes anything but your comment live in this forum should have the red eye of both being at the forefront of this forum, I do not never be anyone in this community of action, I believe that there are already enough people working to improve this game without having all spammers day
Thanks given by:
If you feel that way, I respect that. Also, I am aware that English is not your primary language, but I don't understand your post completely. You should use more punctuation if you can.

I think you've mistaken the opening point. This post has nothing to do with adding more people to work on the game.
Thanks given by:
Imo, "share is the secret of success" is the key for the true "anarchy".

Let me tell you, imho, what anarchy isn't:
It is not fun and chaos. It is not people doing what they think it is right, without any reason.

There are purpose, order, law, ethics, individualism and security. Anarchy does not imply disrupting any of these aspects.

To me "share is the secret of success" means: "I got my share of responsibility, and I want to share it, because we will have an overall benefit".

No one needs to say what I need to do. I know what I need to do. And I expect to find other responsible people in the same level of maturity to help us with this game.

There is no purpose or reason to share the CBL.
It will not bring any benefit, except for the banned cheaters.
Thanks given by:
And how, Brahma, does it benefit the cheaters?
Thanks given by:
I have to check my glasses. Were is the post requesting this thread to be closed? :S
[edit] I hope the post doesn't get deleted!
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 11, 10:13PM)eftertanke Wrote: And how, Brahma, does it benefit the cheaters?

There are those who are not aware of the CBL. If a cheater is unaware he can be banned from all servers it does the rest of us no good to tell him about our methods.

And because it is so easy to circumvent the CBL it's silly.
Thanks given by:
Basically there are two reasons why it shouldn't be:
  1. People will complain if they find out they are CBLed
  2. It will help hackers.
In rebuttal:
  1. That's irrelevant. They will complain when they try to play and can't.
  2. How?
Thanks given by:
wow dude, drop IT! What do you want? Really what?
Thanks given by:
I'd like people to recognize that the majority of the people that have taken this poll want the list to be made public.
Thanks given by: