Ok guys.
Ok maybe i went the wrong way about studying the cheat engine, but you have to understand it was all in the name of good.

Doing it in Single player ehh then you don't see how the server, pings, pj's react to it.

Anticheat is good but not perfect. /no offense It is GREAT but it can always get better right strive for the best. After deleting the CE I went back and checked out the source code, looks pretty simple ( I won't go into to details ) but this was all taken the wrong way, I apologize for those who thought it was to increase my skill ( speed HELPS NONE whatsoever ) aimbot is still giving me problems with how it works. So is trigger bot. Health cheat is way to easy, ( no deats ) the easiest was speed hack lol obvious and easy to detect by logs only ! GIb cheat not to hard. But aimbot and trigger is hard but maybe after a few extensive in-game ( Single player :() tests i should be able to determine the way it works then i could dig deeper and until i can ( MAYBE ) prevent it ?
Thanks given by:
If you actually find something, tell a dev on IRC. None of us are holding our breath.
Thanks given by:
I didn't say you had to. I wanted to try and give something to the community and I got banned for it. /not a bad call But when someone is doing something good for the community /its a bad call
Thanks given by:
you should have talked to the owners of the servers you used, and asked permission. Just jumpin in game, using CE, looks like your cheating. So you went about it the wrong way, dont get upset for a mistake you made.
Thanks given by:
You're supposed to ask (like I did with fiz lol). You could also set up a LAN server yourself.
Thanks given by:
It is not in the name of good when you say, when Misty inquires into it, that you're "just having some fun."

If you used it there, who's to say you won't use it anywhere else?

I regret having to report you, but I did what I had to, and you should have never used the cheats online in the first place, and now you're admitting you have other cheats, albeit singleplayer mode.
Thanks given by:
(07 Apr 11, 10:19PM)HKZ Yahtzee 420 Wrote: you should have talked to the owners of the servers you used, and asked permission. Just jumpin in game, using CE, looks like your cheating. So you went about it the wrong way, dont get upset for a mistake you made.

That would have been a good idea.
:(
I deleted it anyway. I dont wanna be banned/blacklisted
hmph
* Neon First time helping and I get blacklisted :P
'Tis be his fault though

Mai when i joined Buggy's server I had done about 2 hours of scouring the CE and yes i wanted to see what it could do, I figured my friends wouldnt FREAK out but I thought wrong. And know everyones blacklisting me
Thanks given by:
Wait... be simple in your explanations.
Did you tried to create/improve anticheats or did you simply tested it against common cheat engines?
Thanks given by:
I was trying to improve the current anti cheats by testing it against common cheat engines . But the only way i could do this was online.
And it busted me every time with the speed hack
But trigger bot
man it never caught me. As I am playing with my neighbor now and hasn't kicked me once ( though anti cheat doesn't work on LAN does it? ) so im trying to see how the trigger bot is working then maybe see where its fooling the anti cheat.

PS: I have d/l and un d/l this thing like 10 times.

PPS: The CE is not perfect at one point yesterday. The DLL injection failed several times ( couldn't inject speed hack) . So there is a mess up. But i do not know what caused it yet. Still doing trial and error it. For all I know right now the anti cheat could be blocking sometimes.
Thanks given by:
The anticheat does not cover all possible cheats... also, triggerbot can be spotted by experienced players.

Did you code something, or did you just played with a cheat engine?
Thanks given by:
"I deleted it anyway."

"As I am playing with my neighbor now and hasn't kicked me once...."

WTF, are you still using cheat client?

How about just sending the cheat client to Brahma, if he like to have it, so the person making anticheat can look at this??
Thanks given by:
(07 Apr 11, 11:06PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: "I deleted it anyway."

"As I am playing with my neighbor now and hasn't kicked me once...."

WTF, are you still using cheat client?

How about just sending the cheat client to Brahma, if he like to have it, so the person making anticheat can look at this??

+1
Look, neon, you shouldnt use them anyways. Cheating is cheatin no matter how you look at it.
Thanks given by:
OpenSource... the internet is already full of AC cheat engines/code (working or not), so, his client is not of great use to me. Also, I never studied in details the "virus" (in opposite to some old ex-members from this community), since my focus was always the "remedy".

My interest in Neon is: did he code something? Was there something useful?

If he is just a cheater (and a liar?), I think he should just be banned from this forum.
Thanks given by:
(07 Apr 11, 11:05PM)Brahma Wrote: The anticheat does not cover all possible cheats... also, triggerbot can be spotted by experienced players.

Did you code something, or did you just played with a cheat engine?

So you don't want it.

I'll just leave this stuff to the professional. This is to much for me.

Tested -omitted- it has major flaws if you don't do it right.
It seems you have to know what your doing to do something simple like health increase.
Thanks given by:
I don't believe Neon has coded anything, else he would have mentioned it by now.

His exact words in the demo were "Just having some fun, nothing serious."

Neon, the reason I "freaked out" was because if you use it just to "test", then you cna use it anywhere else.

I just don't see that as a viable risk to take.
Thanks given by:
:|

Neon... you just used third party cheats (no code, no improvement to anticheats)... your first post in this thread is just an excuse... son, I am disappointed.
Thanks given by:
I never said i coded anything .
I wanted to see how this one worked. And it was challenging so I stopped and let you take over, Many many people use this one CE. So it might be a plus to know what is possible on their side. Then you may figure it out and mess around and come up with a great new addition to the anti cheat.
Thanks given by:
It is stupid to use such thing in a open source game...
Thanks given by:
If you don't understand the source, there's no reason you should understand how it works in the first place.

And you never let anyone "take over", not until you were reported.
Thanks given by:
Well as I keep saying 5-6 people have been blacklisted for using this for one purpose but i assure there are many things possible from what it shows. But i don't know how to, so hopefully you can, this should all be baby stuff to you.
I'm trying to learn how? Is that so bad. And no i didn't because I didn't think all this would happen, but as I can now it all happened. So I quit trying to learn a new skill and gave Brahma a commonly used CE.
Thanks given by:
Enough has been said here, the kid doesn't know anything about C++ or coding anti-cheats for FPS's (otherwise he would have put up some suggestions - pseudocode - something), anything else is just excuses, etc. etc.

Closed.
Thanks given by:
Sorry for responding to a closed thread, but this needs to be said:

If you want to help, dont keep your help to yourself! If it seems like it may be going into dangerous waters/muddy waters, talk to someone and see what they think. Although a better rule is to forget it right then and there if it enters the previously mentioned waters. Anti-cheat Brahma will be working on as much as he can (in his 0hr free time day), and do not worry about that. Brahma is a good guy, he doesn't bite, that is if you are being helpful. The best way to help the anti-cheats is to notice new types of cheats and point them out (not research them), and of course blacklist them. You can also help develop anti-cheats by playing with Brahma in his testing process. If you notice something, PM Brahma (preferable) or any of Devs/Mods, as they can bring it into full light as they see fit.

Final note: if unsure, dont do it!

I noticed a lot of "dont do this, dont do that!" so, this is what you can do.
Thanks given by: