Kaonic's Suggestion
Hello AssaultCube Lovers,
as you may know, my name is Kaonic. I am an intermediate graphical designer, and since the last weekend I started helping this awesome Open Source game. I have been a Designer Moderator of the biggest RPG game community in Brazil, which when I left had more than 220000 registered users, if you are interested in knowing... now it has 248500 registered users. Well so lets get to the point... I am enjoying this Open Source idea, and liked the way how people commented on my textures. So I will now make a list of all the suggestions I think can help make this game better:
  • Firstly, I would recommend a better use of the "Team Work" in servers. When a match is finished, no one cares which team won... they just want to know who got more frags... I would suggest an image fades up when the game is over, saying the winning team.
  • I am not sure how this would work or not, but the amount of people that join and leave servers every time during a game is annoying. Maybe we could make a new mode, than when people vote it, no one else can come in. If ONE player leaves, ONE spectator can join, this would work as a waiting list. There could also be a vote to increase the amount of player per team... considering the server limits. And if this can be done, if two spectators want to join, they can both join one in each team... something like that.
  • I saw this suggestion already... its just to improve spawning system. When someone wants to join, they choose which team or auto choose. So the accidental clicks while spawning end.
  • I think a better choice of the default textures is extremely necessary. I must say that there are many un-useful textures that nearly no one uses them. If needed, I can make a list of the textures and replacements for them...
  • With the new update, an improvement in images in AC would look good.
  • Fix the fact that MAC users cant play ac_toxic nor ac_arabian.
  • On MAC, I play in windowed mode, and I would like to use 1280x750 so it fits exactly... everytime I have it on 1280x800 the below part does not appear. The next option in the launcher makes it too small... When I change it in AC Files that I want specifically 1280x750, it does not reads it. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but we could change values for Window Size I think in the launcher.
  • Make a menu for commands use, like water maybe in cooping for starting mappers, that makes cooping way easier.
  • New modes + organization in Official maps or make a list of Featured Maps recommended by Staff...
  • A separate menu that shows the favorite servers. With this could be implemented a clan search which shows a big list of clans, and automatically when you click it shows the last members who used their tag, and if they are online or not...
  • I would recommend a featured server list in AssaultCube website, when you click on the server name, it automatically opens it on AssaultCube.
  • Improve how projects are shown in website. Maybe make the feature project that was made that week on the homepage. That will make more people get interested in helping.
This is just a list of some interested things that if adapted, could attract more players to this game.
Thanks for listening,
Kaonic.

Thanks given by:
tl;dr
Thanks given by:
Post them in the ideas thread.
Thanks given by: