AC settings won't save?
Hi, I'm trying to help out a clan member who has had some problems with his AC settings after re-downloading on Win7.

Every time I open AC it has lost all my settings and forces me to re-enter the screen rez, sound vol, player name, etc. I just installed it a few days ago and it's driving me insane. Any ideas on how to save the settings would be a huge assist.

Have checked that cfg is writable. Can't seem to save settings!
Thanks given by:
Check your home dir for the permissions there, or create one. If saved.cfg is writeable is stuff being written? Probably not, from the looks of it. A quick and dirty fix is to run AC as administrator..
Thanks given by:
Permissions are normal, and running as administrator didn't seem to make a difference. Thanks for your reply though Gibstick, is there anything else you'd recommend trying?
Thanks given by:
Footlong? I am pretty sure he found his permissions to not be writable, and when he tried to switch them it reverted back?

Forgot about this then, but have him put the settings in autoexec.cfg.
Thanks given by:
I had that problem not long ago.
AC would not save my settings (it had already reseted them to).
Server would not save demos.

The problem was that AC was thinking that 85GB HDD space wasn't enough so i moved all my screenshots and demos to a external HDD and that freed up enough space for AC to store my settings and server to save demos again.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the response RR + OpenSource, I'll pass the info on. :)
Thanks given by:
I do have all my keybinds, screen rez and other stuff in autoexec.cfg, but it would not save them or start AC with them.
But as i say, flow told me to try and free up some space so i did and that did the trick.
Thanks given by: