Need server! For The Monkey Clan
Hey,

Me and MasterMurray created a new clan called The Monkey Clan.
Site : www.clanmonkey.webs.com
We need someone to join who can create a working server! If you are interested create an account on clansite and you can be website moderator if you join our clan.

,[MKY]Gorilla
Thanks given by:
Or you can make your own server
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 05:27PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: Or you can make your own server

and boom goes the dynomite.
Thanks given by:
having someone just join your clan to make a server is a bad idea.
WHY: they could pull down reputation of clan.
Could use admin abuse
Might not know how to maintain black list reports.
Might not be exactly friendly
etc.
Thanks given by:
What's with the upsurge of "Make me a server" threads lately?

If you want, I could provide some helps as to how to create a server.

Just post on our forums, the link is in my user title
Thanks given by:
There's plenty of information available. Don't believe for a second that people are asking others to make one for them because the documentation sucks.

The reason why people keep asking is because forum members get flamed and warned for saying "No. Do it yourself; read the docs."
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 10:53PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: What's with the upsurge of "Make me a server" threads lately?

IDK but can someone pleaaaase make me a server???

Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 08:58AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: IDK but can someone pleaaaase make me a server???

Make your own thread you noob.

(Just kidding, as I assume/hope you were.)
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 09:47AM)eftertanke Wrote:
(05 Apr 11, 08:58AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: IDK but can someone pleaaaase make me a server???

Make your own thread you noob.

(Just kidding, as I assume/hope you were.)

I can't open my ports on my laptop and on my router!!!
Thanks given by:
People, LEARN HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN SERVERS. People here WILL NOT make you servers, and WILL NOT join your clan to make servers.
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 08:09PM)MKYGorilla Wrote: I can't open my ports on my laptop and on my router!!!

Sure you can. What operating system do you use, and what type of router do you have?

After figuring that out, go to http://www.portforward.com to open the ports on your router. If you have Linux (such as Ubuntu) you're done and all should be well. If you have Windows (such as Vista or 7) search the forums for help with the Windows side of it.

Can't and wont even try are different things.

EDIT: Apparently your name can't be quoted with the brackets. Silly MyBB.
Thanks given by:
my server isn't on 24/7 but you could have admin rights on it. however in return you must spread the word of my generosity and modesty.
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 09:22PM)Duckett Wrote: People, LEARN HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN SERVERS. People here WILL NOT make you servers, and WILL NOT join your clan to make servers.

A slight bit touchy? Yes. Completely and utterly true? Double yes.
Thanks given by:
Doesn't matter anyways. Their clan already closed. Supposedly "merged" with .:ExR but my experience with them tells me their outcome won't be too bright either. Heh, surprise me. Nice players, too new to the game though.
Thanks given by:
I always thought it was a test, if you were not prepared to invest the time reading how to do it and did not posses enough knowledge of networking to open your ports then you probably shouldnt be running a server. Running a server is a serious responsibility, blackilists must be maintained, admins appointed map rotations changed, without these the server just becomes another name on the list and i am sure no one wants that...

BTW, I am always willing to help if anyone is genuinely stuck, but please read the docs first, also below is a link to a tutorial on my website for windows server creation, theres also a page on port forwarding in the penguin explains section...

http://www.ultrapenguin.co.uk/product-3.htm
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 08:09PM)|MKY|Gorilla Wrote: I can't open my ports on my laptop and on my router!!!
If u cant open ports, reset ur router, make a new login and password to your routers ip web address and open your ports...
there we go XD
Thanks given by:
^if this doesn't work, Good luck finding someone who can help, and/or figuring out the puzzle yourself. Have fun :D

Always fun to see everyone rage because someone didn't take 5 days to read through the docs and understand them in their complexity.
Thanks given by:
(23 Apr 11, 05:18PM)DES|Anderson Wrote: BTW, I am always willing to help if anyone is genuinely stuck, but please read the docs first, also below is a link to a tutorial on my website for windows server creation, theres also a page on port forwarding in the penguin explains section...

http://www.ultrapenguin.co.uk/product-3.htm

@Nightmare I believe I offered some actual help!

And also a general comment in the past I have run servers for people on a paid for basis, so if he's willing to part with some cash he can have a server...
Thanks given by:
My mistake. Nice to see helpful people. :D
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 11, 02:02PM)Nightmare Wrote: Always fun to see everyone rage because someone didn't take 5 days to read through the docs and understand them in their complexity.

xD I raged so many times until I actually found someone to help me to my feet. Once i knew what I was doing the docs were a breeze! Unfortunately my server mentor has been BL'ed O.o
Thanks given by: