Gift to Bukz, a new working-place style.
Hey AC community,
I am Kaonic, and starting today, I will be using my graphical designer skills to try and contribute in some way to this amazing free open source game. Just to start, I was getting around with the measurements of the textures in AC. Now that I have worked that out, I will just upgrade the level of things I do.
Just a simple start, I used a carpet stock and used it in AC. I saw the lighting was not matching, so I used some rounded gradient to improve the elevation impact and to start not good, but not bad ;).
This goes directly to my new friend, DES|Bukz. He was the one who inspired me, and he will be the one guiding me so that I can offer good things to you guys. I think we should all say congratulations to him, because I am 99% sure that he will make AC better for us. I hope you like it Bukz... ;)
[Image: 9137825d9275c57b750eb7ada0ee7adf1cc9341.png]
(click on the image to see full size)

If you are interested in growing AC, please leave some suggestions of what I could do, or something you want that related to Graphical Design, so no Map models or something 3D, unless you are one, and you want to work with me.
Thanks for the attention,
Kaonic.

Thanks given by:
Win! Keep up the great work man! :D
Thanks given by:
Great work Kaonic my friend, nice to see more, and more people getting interested in helping the Community.
Thanks given by:
Great.
Thanks given by:
Nice!
Thanks given by:
But could you make a thread, and just update it every time you get inspired?
Thanks given by:
I like the beer!
Thanks given by:
Hhaha Gibstick...

@Elven
Its a cool idea, if I grow more, I might make a separate Thread. But I just think separated topics are more organized. I am making them for AssaultCube, and these are just the first 2. By when I reach 20 or so, if AssaultCube team gets interested, I can prepare a pack for a specific occasion or update, which is why I am talking to DES|Bukz atm...

And yes, I am also trying to bring some designer friends to AC, maybe they do a special work for us, who knows ;)

Thanks for the post guys, that is what makes me continue making more and more...
Thanks given by:
I think we're in need of some bunk beds and toilets.
I like these ideas! I would like to see more small details drawn into the game to create a feel of fighting in real life situations as well as fictional map styles.
(Who HASN'T had a good play fight in Wal-Mart with Light Sabers?)
Lamps or statues create this effect well as outdoor items like benches and more tree styles.
Thanks given by:
Hmm that involves mapmodels... I will see what I can do for you V-Wifey. Your suggestions cant be done in textures. I will see if I start working with map models, then I will tell you ;).
I agree totally with you about the small details, thats why I suggested a simpler and faster way of choosing textures. I will contribute to that in my limits, I promise ;)
Thanks for the comment.
Thanks given by:
a_slow_old_man has some bathroom mapmodels!

edit: I was wrong. He made a map using Cleaner's toilet mapmodels.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure I've seen a toilet mapmodel set in akimbo before.
yep, found them: http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php...=205&p=427
Thanks given by:
I think he was just giving an example... what he means is that details like this make maps more realistic. And even tho those map models exist, they are not in the game... or are they going to be added?
Thanks given by:
I see what you mean.
I don't think they will get added to the official package, unless there is an official map that uses them ofc, but they could easily be added into a mediapack.
Thanks given by:
Quality Persian rugs at discount prices
Thanks given by:
Hmm Lantry, there are some similar textures to this one, and they are not in any map... 3 people already suggested that the carpet should replace them... but lets see how it goes on ;)
Any new suggestions?
Thanks again to everyone who posted.
Cya...
Thanks given by:
It's a very nice piece of work :)

I hope we'll see more like this in the future ;)
Thanks given by: