Customizing servers
ok i've made a server (offline) for my own network, i want to know how to change the color of the name and make it flash and stuff like that, can someone help me??
Thanks given by:
Color - AssaultWiki
Server hints 1.0.4 - AssaultWiki
Thanks given by:
can you send me a link to the page it is on because i cant seem to find it :(
Thanks given by:
// the switches o, n, n1 and n2 support coloring and character escaping; 'o' also supports escaped newlines
// the available colors are: 0: green, 1: blue, 2: yellow, 3: red, 4: gray, 5: white, 6: dark brown, 7: dark red
// example multiline MOTD: -o line 1\nline 2\nline 3
// example colored server description: -n \f3red\f1blue

Thats from the file «servercmdline.txt» found in your config folder.
Thanks given by:
have fun with that, any way gl
Thanks given by:
Make it flash and you will be whipped by the AC community.

...or just really disrespected...

...and possibly get your server taken down.
Thanks given by:
If the server is on your LAN - you said "for my own network" - you do not need a serverbrowser or any fancy title, the clients just do /lanconnect (also available from the menu) and get playing.

As VenteX said flashing server-titles are extremely frowned upon, the feature has been deactivated in 1.1.0.5 - a non-packaged but downloadable set of binaries, for those that want it - it will be off by default in the future.
And Yes!, if we see servers with blinking/flashing server titles they will be banned.

Again: there are binaries available that deactivate blinking/flashing - get them at branches/v01_10_05 .. currently only linux64-binaries seem to have been committed, the sources are there though - bug us if you need other binaries - and another "again": the next real release will have this incorporated.
This means the client has a master-switch for allowing/denying blinking-text (off by default) and menus especially need to activate it to even make it possible, the serverbrowser will never get that turned on as long as I have anything to say about this project.
Thanks given by:
Look at the server list real quick, flow. XD
Thanks given by:
I think i have pressed "3" on 10 servers cos of there flashing name.
Thanks given by:
What does "3" do?
Thanks given by:
Marks the server as "bad" or "hate"
Thanks given by:
and then the servers appear at the bottom of the server list.
Thanks given by:
Blinking server names means seizure liability since there's no disclaimer :D

Make a blinking server title and Jamz will use his ban-hammer.
Thanks given by:
Actually, where does it say that you're not allowed to use them?
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 11, 11:48PM)flowtron Wrote: And Yes!, if we see servers with blinking/flashing server titles they will be banned.

It says right there :P
Thanks given by:
Yeah, right. One post somewhere within the hundreds of useless threads on this forum.

I still think that people should be allowed to use it, since it's a feature of the game. If the devs (cough... I wasn't there back then ;P) weren't able to find out about it, that's definitely not the fault of those who now have their servers banned because of it.

While it may be common sense that blinking server titles are ugly and attention-whory, it definitely isn't common sense that your server gets banned because of it.
Thanks given by:
(15 May 11, 01:12AM)Viper Wrote: Make a blinking server title and Jamz will use his ban-hammer.

Why does jamz have the most famous banhammer? Pleanty of others can and will ban via ms :P

ok, slight overstatement. Point still stands.
Thanks given by:
Because Jamz sorta rhymes with Banz.
Thanks given by: