Weird Name
Well I actually just noticed this a few minutes ago but look at this. When I was messing around with the name "you" it pops up with numbers next to it. Why does it do this?
[Image: jr5phy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seems to think that you are playing with the same name as someone else. Are you sure this isn't a one time occurrence? Server could have some weird un-emptied memory blocks.

(last sentence was RR trying to sound smart, and providing one of many possible problems)
Thanks given by:
Just tried it on several servers. Same thing. I restart AC too, same thing.
Thanks given by:
I just tried it as well same thing.
Thanks given by:
The number is added to the name "you" to distinguish between one client and another. It prevents you from thinking you are scoring frags that someone else got. That's my guess anyways.

I'll explain a little better:

I am playing a 2v2. There are four players- Mael, casp, Imp, and "you"(Not you but a player named "you"). If "you" frags casp, the console will show the message "you fragged casp" on all other clients' consoles, thereby fooling them into thinking they fragged casp when they didn't.

The number is added to prevent such confusion but only for the name "you".
Thanks given by:
That's a great way to keep people from effing with your stats and achievements scripts. (TY devs)
Thanks given by:
Here's the code that does it:
bool duplicatename(playerent *d, char *name = NULL)
{
    if(!name) name = d->name;
    if(d!=player1 && !strcmp(name, player1->name)) return true;
    if(!strcmp(name, "you")) return true;
In other words, the player name 'you' gets treated as if it was a duplicated name in the server.
Thanks given by:
Quote:you fragged tom
Quote:The real you: Huh??! I didn't frag tom!

Is what this prevents.

V-Edit: I know we all wanna see Tom in the drag, but I'm sure you meant "frag."
Thanks given by: