[Discussion] Playing with a touchpad?
It happens- sometimes a mouse isn't available, and you're stuck with a horrid device called a touchpad. It works fine for most things... but AC isn't most things. So, you just have to deal with sucking left and right, getting fragged without gaining frags. It's just torture, and as of now, that's the only way to go...

To go ahead and conclude with my question, does anyone in the community have any suggestions for making touchpad gameplay less of a pain? Any help would be appreciated :) The only thing I've found to help is to temporarily bind attack to Z, X, or C so I can shoot with my left thumb.

(Also, INB4 "Get a mouse" or any variant)
Thanks given by:
Increase sensitivity
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 11, 09:50PM)Gibstick Wrote: Increase sensitivity

F1.
Yeah, the only real way to do it is to jack the sens to the max! so you do 180s by rolling your finger.
Thanks given by:
I happen to play with touchpad regularly, it all comes with practice... very, very large amounts of practice.

But binding is the quick and easy way.
Thanks given by:
I play with touch pad occiasionally and had a special script for it....which I lost along with windows. >.>
Thanks given by:
I used to be only touch pad a loooonggg time ago. But that was when i played only TOSOK, and I used to use sensitivity around 25. but I was never any good in any other mode until I got a mouse
Thanks given by:
Real men play on Wacom tablets.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 11, 02:36AM)Mael Wrote: Real men play on Wacom tablets.

i get kicked for spinhack
Thanks given by:
High sens, shotgun or carbine.

I have gotten very good at noscoping because of my one button touchpad. I'm not so great anymore :(
Thanks given by:
Acceleration for touchpads is good! Macbooks also have bigger touchpads.
Thanks given by:
hehe...I tried playing touchpad, IT WAS TORTURE! D:

I tried it when a certain player claimed that he has always played ac on a touchpad... *squints skeptically*

Neways, so you should raise the sensitivity eh? I'll give it a try :d
Thanks given by:
I like using a track ball mouse from 1337 tbh. Touchpad is to unarmed :D
Thanks given by:
Lol, I started playing AC on a PC, and when I got my laptop, I didn't play AC for just that reason. I suck too much without a mouse, But I'll try a high sensitivity.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 11, 01:45AM)DrauL Wrote: I play with touch pad occiasionally and had a special script for it....which I lost along with windows. >.>

what did the script do?
Thanks given by:
-Increase sensitivity
-Practice

That's basically it. From my experience, anyway.

And when my usb trackball (T_T) mouse is acting screwy, I tend to avoid playing so much cause the touchpad doesn't seem responsive enough.
Thanks given by:
Rofl, Fate. I play with a touchpad because I like a challenge.

If I become too hard-pressed to play well, I use a mouse, as I am better with one.

If that comment was directed at me :)
Thanks given by:
good thing bout trackpads (at least for macs idk about others) is that they dont get their scroll function fucked so often like on a mouse. I swear that my scrollball (? lol) get sticky or something and messes up for like a week every so often.
Thanks given by:
Arbo. Arrbo. ArrrrrBo. ARRRRRBO. ARBO. Arbo.
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 11, 01:35AM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Rofl, Fate. I play with a touchpad because I like a challenge.

If I become too hard-pressed to play well, I use a mouse, as I am better with one.

If that comment was directed at me :)

It wasn't directed at you Mai... It was directed at someone else... :o

Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 11, 04:17AM)Viper Wrote: good thing bout trackpads (at least for macs idk about others) is that they dont get their scroll function fucked so often like on a mouse. I swear that my scrollball (? lol) get sticky or something and messes up for like a week every so often.

offtopic - Girls love getting my scroll bar sticky ;-)

ontopic - i used a touchpad before and its to hard for me to use when im drunk... Get a mouse.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 11, 09:14PM)Lantry Wrote:
(29 Mar 11, 01:45AM)DrauL Wrote: I play with touch pad occiasionally and had a special script for it....which I lost along with windows. >.>

what did the script do?

it was /trackpad and it changed all my binds to trackpad friendly ones for shooting and stuff. increased my sens and actually had it lower my fov to 110.

Thanks given by: