spawnpoint
Is it possible to place a playerstartpoint so my player always spawns from that point? (like a startpoint in a concours)
And on the other side of the map place spawnpoints for the other team, so they always spawn there?
I'm trying to make a game for singleplayer bot deathmatch in wich my bot (or my team) starts behind a barrier and the opposite team from the other side of the map, everytime asomeone dies starting back at the same place. The enemie team tries to invade the barrier.
Is it also possible to make the bots NOT fight eachother but only to attack the barrier?)
Thanks given by:
Put all the bots on the other team. You can use addbot for that. Then for the spawns, put a single spawn for one team behind your barrier, and put all the rest of the spawns for the other team on the other side of the map. Unfortunately, bots aren't very smart, but you can try making waypoints from the bot starting point to the barrier, or you can repeatedly type the /botsheadtome command. Read the map editing docs for more information (you did read them, right??!).
Thanks given by:
Yes, but I didn't find the answer to my question.

You think this is such a stupid question?

# /newent playerstart 1 - To add an RVSF spawn point.
# /newent playerstart 0 - To add a CLA spawn point.
# /newent playerstart 100 - To add an FFA spawn point

Rvsf for me or my team)
cla other team
ffa for every team.

I placed a rvsf at one side of the map behind the barrier
I placed several cla's at the other side.
so I hoped badguys would spawn there and me behind the barrier.

I also tried with ffa
but everytime I die or bots die we just pop up at every spawnpoint.
Thanks given by:
You did load the map in a team mode, right?
Thanks given by:
You put RVSF for you and CLA for the other, of course. Skip the FFA for now.
Thanks given by:
I put rvsa on 1 side of the map and cpa on the other corner

I keep spawing up from either point and either corner.

(botdeathmatch it is, not botteamdeathmatch.)
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 02:02PM)teekay Wrote: (botdeathmatch it is, not botteamdeathmatch.)

(26 Mar 11, 01:26PM)tempest Wrote: You did load the map in a team mode, right?

Of course you have to play in a team mode to spawn at the correct team spawns...
Thanks given by:
Meaning you did the mode 8 bla bla botteamdeathmatch thing and then it made it a FFA bot deathmatch instead?
Thanks given by:
no. I wanted to make the map so that I would sit in 1 corner (behind some bags en cans, kind of a barrier) and al the enemiebots would start at the other side of the map and came running to the barrier to concer it. I would be defending the barrier. Simple setup. But therefor I should always spawn behind the barrier and the 'enemie'-forces (bots) on the other map-side. I wanted to make this map a botdeathmatch so it is playable singleplayer botdeathmatch.
I'm not trying to do it with a bot team deathmatch but without a team, just singleplayer bot deathmatch.
Isn't it possible in any way to make your bot and the other to spawn at a specific place in that mode?
Thanks given by:
Seriously, what's wrong with TEAM-BotDeathMatch? This is the mode, which would work for you as supposed. Anything else won't. That's it.
Thanks given by:
OK, tnx for the clear answer Mr Floppy.
Thanks given by: