Map Themes?
Just wondering, What kinds of themes does you like in AssaultCube?
Thanks given by:
Desert and office themes seem to offer me my best scores and games.
Thanks given by:
Desert, city, factory and sewers.
Thanks given by:
desert, building, random stuff
Thanks given by:
I really like the urban/city themes, like rattrap, urban, complex. I don't like the desert theme as much, but that doesn't mean i will hate a map with the desert theme. What is more important for me is the layout of the map, how balanced it is, how well it plays, etc.
Thanks given by:
I like snowy maps, and maps that make good use of water. Cavernous maps, like ac_mines, are good too.
Thanks given by:
I like any somewhat normal realistic map. Urban, Industrial, etc. Basically everything everyone else said.
Thanks given by:
Basically everything stated here, Cept desert like maps. Though I LOOOOOOVE ac_arabian.
Thanks given by:
Fuck desert. Make a grassy plains/riverside map.
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 11, 09:17PM)VenteX Wrote: I like snowy maps, and maps that make good use of water. Cavernous maps, like ac_mines, are good too.
Pretty much any map generated by the random terrain generator is a cavernous map too. XD

Edit: Sorry, I should've linked it to begin with.
http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=799
http://www.bobserver.co.cc/forum/downloa...file&id=66 (much lave, Billybob. :D)
I'm getting close to updating it, though. ;-)
Thanks given by:
(25 Mar 11, 07:04AM)V-Man Wrote: Pretty much any map generated by the random terrain generator is a cavernous map too. XD

O.o What generator?
Thanks given by:
Office/City maps

@efter: He made a random map generator. :D
Thanks given by:
The engine makes good industrial, snowy, desert, and cavern maps. In reality grass does not go well with the engine IMHO and water just sucks.
Thanks given by:
(25 Mar 11, 07:14AM)Orynge Wrote: @efter: He made a random map generator. :D

That's what I was thinking he meant. Cool. Is it available to mess around with?

EDIT: Nevermind heh.
Thanks given by:
(25 Mar 11, 03:03PM)Viper Wrote: ...water just sucks.
(24 Mar 11, 09:17PM)VenteX Wrote: I like maps that make good use of water.
...because it's tricky, but looks very good when done successfully. (e.g.: ac_sylang)
Thanks given by:
F1 Mael.
I'm tired of the desert theme.
I'd also like to see more snow themes.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see a few mixed themes.
Thanks given by:
I always love snowy maps.
Also anything indoors, like offices, hotels, etc. Too bad I've never seen one that was actually playable.
Thanks given by:
F1 Mael and RR
No MOAR desert
I wanna see urban city/suburb maps.
um something maybe different like a factory like water plant :D.
Thanks given by:
Big city theme, high edifices...
[Image: TrollFace.png]
Thanks given by:
I like realistic maps. Anything that could possibly happen in the real world. Luckily a lot of the maps I play and ya'll make are based in that direction. It sure beats sauer where fucking Sigourney Weaver jumps out at me like Little Bebop from Barney on Coke saying "I love you".

By the way Brahma old chap. You want to warn me for posting something funny about TyD?? Last time I checked I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with TyD. I just decided to post something funny, slightly related to the past, something that you naturally weren't around for, and if you were it was as connex. Ah shit did I say CONNEX????? My BAD. Anyways... Heres the post ladies and gentlemen...

(31 Mar 11, 01:00AM)MorganKell Wrote: TyD should change it's name to Touch Your Jamz instead of Touch Your D...

:D

For any of you who know me, you know this is some funny shit joke I'm playing and that it is not meant to be taken seriously. Brahma here seems to be a little stuck up with his All Superior Dev capabilities, nice anti-hax btw (glad to see we still have hackers connex), and has decided to stick me with 50% warning for something he wasn't even around for. I'll give ya props for defending ya homies, but you ain't got the game to start. I was just messing and you decided to act a fool. Cool.

By the way... What did you think Touch Your D... meant? Could have been Dynamo, or Dominion, or Dervish, or Dyslexia, or Dingbat, or Dingbat, or Dystopia, or Delirium...
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 11, 01:58AM)Brahma Wrote: Big city theme, high edifices...
[Image: TrollFace.png]

<3 Took the words right out of my diary. \:D

@MorganKell: D:
Thanks given by:
gema

bring back gema
Thanks given by:
Undead, I did bring back gema.... I am working on num.3

Meanwhile i want to finish other custom map i didnt finished
Thanks given by: