The State of Akimbo
I just posted a bunch of my stuff onto Akimbo today, and I must say, I was dismayed at the state of the Mod list. People seem to stickie their mods even if they are complete crap.

One person's in particular pissed me off. The blood mods by [{ZKED}]$0|d!er.

They look like a two year old just found out how to import images into MSPaint. They are simply the spray can sprayed all over the skin image in a random, very UN-bloodlike fashion. And they are all stickied! They're sqaushing out the other decent mods that people put effort into. My little brother never goes past the first page of a forum or website, and I assume there are others out there like him who only look at the stuff on the first page. We need someone on there to delete useless or crappy mods.

Hope there's someone else who agrees :/
Thanks given by:
Akimbo has been in a bit of a state the last few months but I think Rytis said that was to change.
Thanks given by:
Wow, didnt know that Akimo is flooded with noobs mods :/
Thanks given by:
I agree, but if we were to simply delete things that were not up to what our opinion of a quality standard for this game is, we'd just be called facists/nazis/all the other names in the book because we're "limiting creativity".

Just pointing out the obvious, trolls wouldn't let it happen without a mega flame war.

Of course if you were to setup your own akimbo, and didn't care about their opinions, then it wouldn't be a problem (this route is better for everyone but most can't see that). :P
Thanks given by:
I'd be up for setting up my own Akimbo for the community, bu the lack of A) Money B) Resources C) Website building knowledge prevents me from doing that.

However, if someone were to, I'd be happy to help moderate it.
Thanks given by:
Yeh, the state of Akimbo is like the state of Japan -- after we uncovered our eyes, we saw that it's still on the map after all.
This may be better asked on the Akimbo forum.
I don't really mind noob mods, since I don't have to cull through them.
(24 Mar 11, 04:10PM)DrauL Wrote: Rytis said that was to change.
Rytis is still alive? Thank goodness!
Thanks given by:
I don't mean they shouldn't be allowed to post. They shouldn't be allowed to stickie them. I'd say that a mod has to get 1000 dls before it gets stickied.

At MaiMee & Bukz. . .not a bad idea. . .I'm going to look into that. . .
Thanks given by:
Good luck.

- edit -

It seems like you missed to create a thread on the forum (mods category). You've got to put the links you get at the Vault there and link the screenshots as well...

This thread will be displayed on the front page then.
Thanks given by:
Oh. . . didn't know you had to do that :/ thanks.
Thanks given by: