What is camping (to you)?
Please describe the activity or activities that you would call camping. I'm not interested in whether people should camp, what we should do about campers, or whether you agree with anyone else's description, just what you think camping is.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
everyone knows what it is, its just when someone sits in the same spot over and over and just snipes you from there
Thanks given by:
The first time i played and someone said, 'stop camping!' i lol'd because of the randomness of the saying. Of cause when i started i didn't know what 'camping' was. I thought camping was with tents and a fire. Or you can do a Bear Grylls and dig a hole in the snow and sleep in it.
Thanks given by:
I always thought camping was stationary sniping, or hiding in a recess and shotgunning people who would go by, things like that. But I've been accused of camping when I:

- Was AFK for a moment at the beginning of the round and then ran out of the base to shoot a couple of people (didn't fire until I was outside).
- Hid momentarily to reload or see where someone came out of their cover.

And other such unexpected things.

So I'm interested to see what everyone's idea of camping is.
Thanks given by:
Well, some people just rage if they get killed. ;D
Sometimes they say your hacking and call a vote.
Thanks given by:
...and that, children, is why play we play on decent servers :)
Thanks given by:
...and by that, children, means servers that lock almost every kind of vote to admins.

* VenteX loves those servers, no way for people to vote-kick normal people or spam-vote douze/desert :D
Thanks given by:
My definition is when a person stays in the same spot until they are shot or forced out.

I've been accused of camping when I stopped at a spot, waited ten seconds, shot someone, then moved to a different spot. I don't define that as camping.

And what's so wrong with camping? Because the unarmeds get killed faster than they can aim at you?
Thanks given by:
Some people think camping is going for a drive through Central Park.
Others think camping is a month-long excursion through the Atacama Desert.

By comparison, some pansies will whine when you are able to frag them because you can tell they're about to come through a doorway -- calling that camping -- while others will have no problem with you sitting in one spot the entire game (since they can lob nades at that spot without looking, and gib you every time).

I define camping as being in one area (loose definition, probably something like 16x16 cubes) for more than ten seconds. After ten seconds, any valid application of expecting a certain person to come into your view is replaced with the probability that anyone might come into your view.

Having said that,
1) Those who have a problem with campers don't know that
2) Campers = easy gibs

So remember, kids: You don't kick/ban campers, you gib them!
Thanks given by:
^wish more people thought of it like you.

Camping is going to Douze, going to the area with the "no camping" sign. Then waiting for someone to pop up, shotgun them. rinse repeat. ;)
Thanks given by:
when you intentionally stay in a spot that gives you an advantage over your enemy because of visibility and/or other reasons. I always camp.
Thanks given by:
This memory came to mind.....

MusicMan10: "Come get me you pansies!"
V-Wifey: *Frags MM10 behind the trash can*
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 11, 04:04PM)V-Man Wrote: By comparison, some pansies will whine when you are able to frag them because you can tell they're about to come through a doorway -- calling that camping

Happens to me all the time.

Quote:Having said that,
1) Those who have a problem with campers don't know that
2) Campers = easy gibs

So remember, kids: You don't kick/ban campers, you gib them!

THIS
Thanks given by:
V-Wifey posts!
Thanks given by:
[Image: stock-photo-wet-tent-70612138.jpg]
<3 camping (in summer)
Thanks given by:
[Image: winter_camping.jpg]
Camping .... in winter
Thanks given by:
Someones got X-country skis. +1
Thanks given by: