[split] Infinite ammo cheat discussion
Mod edit: Posts split to remove discussion from obvious cheats thread. Discussion seemed somewhat important...

(22 Mar 11, 01:01AM)Thrawn Wrote: [code]
//Names: Kageyo , [~Khanz~]Zhanz
//Date: 3/20/11
//Reason: Gunhack: Infinite ammo, and Recoil cheat

Strange, the anticheat was easily able to nullify the infinite ammo cheat in my tests.
Thanks given by:
Gui_Server didn't have cheat engine included. I dont know if i am right or not but for one thing, this server didnt have cheat engine activated at the time.

(22 Mar 11, 01:22AM)Gibstick Wrote: Strange, the anticheat was easily able to nullify the infinite ammo cheat in my tests.

Thanks given by:
Thats correct.
GUIserver v 1.1.0.4 dosent have anticheat. :(
Why its released without the anticheat is a mystery to me.
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 11, 04:10PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Thats correct.
GUIserver v 1.1.0.4 dosent have anticheat. :(
Why its released without the anticheat is a mystery to me.

It's not the official release. Of course it doesn't have anticheat... That's just the way it is.
Thanks given by:
«That's just the way it is»??
That dosent make sence.

GUIserver v 1.1.0.3 had anticheat...
So whats the problem adding it to GUIserver 1.1.0.4??

And dont tell me GUI 1.1.0.3 was official release. ;)

(19 Sep 10, 11:48PM)Toca Wrote: **NOTE: GUIServer v1104 does not include the anticheat system
Thanks given by:
1.1.0.4 does not include the anticheat system.

If you look in the blacklist thread, TacticalNuke was using a knife gib hack on the eQ.|Public Server, while GUI was running
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 11, 05:19PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: 1.1.0.4 does not include the anticheat system.
This is simply not true. Any server owner running the release server binary will tell you there are 'anticheat' log entries.
nvm - You were still talking about the GUI server. :/

Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 11, 04:58PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: GUIserver v 1.1.0.3 had anticheat...
I was talking about custom clients/servers not having anticheat. I never knew GUIServer did.
Thanks given by:
Well I was doing it this way while he may have been doing it that way.
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 11, 01:22AM)Gibstick Wrote: Strange, the anticheat was easily able to nullify the infinite ammo cheat in my tests.

Really? I installed a brand new version fresh copy of AC, ran a server and client with no modifications, and it did not detect the cheat in my test....

Edit: Upon watching the demo I made of the test, and rewatching the demos of the cheater that started all this... I have come to an interesting conclusion. Please forgive the noobish way I describe this, but, it's the only way i know how. The cheat isn't fooling the server... the server knows that you've run out of ammo, and so does not even register the fact that you are firing. However, your client still thinks you are firing, and so you experience the recoil from that. The thing is... this would not be useful at all in a battle, since your bullets would do no damage after the server thinks your clip is empty, but... cheating is still cheating, imo.
Keep in mind... This was my conclusion based off reasoning and deduction, and zero knowledge of the inner workings of these things, so, I may be totally wrong...
Thanks given by:
Yes, I know you can still shoot from client side. This still leads to an advantage (think AR).
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 11, 02:05AM)Gibstick Wrote: Yes, I know you can still shoot from client side. This still leads to an advantage (think AR).

O.o Damn. I hope I don't play any flag modes with anyone using that.
Thanks given by:
Don't worry, anti-speedhack takes care of that.
Thanks given by:
I think that client side cheat would only be useful in gemas...
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 11, 02:42AM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: I think that client side cheat would only be useful in gemas...

Yeah... but it still bugs the bejeebies out of me.
Thanks given by:
Trust me, there are uses. \:D
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 11, 02:57AM)Gibstick Wrote: Trust me, there are uses. \:D

* eftertanke reports Gibby as a hax0r.

Lol.
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 11, 02:57AM)Gibstick Wrote: Trust me, there are uses. \:D

Ok how bout this. We make a spin off of AC called GEMA Cube_BRASIL!!!!WAFFLES. Then we make this hack on all clients. This is use.
Thanks given by:
Personally i think that dosen't make sence cause nothing is infinite and we need it be more real not more fake

i dream the day comes that we can even talk through Mic and each team hear themselves

it is gonna be amazing hearing insults by all kind of languages lol

**** you mo*** **** , go shot'em
انت يا قذر تحرك و اقتل هذا الوغد

oh i love that game too much and i hate cheats
Thanks given by:
May I remind everyone that infinite ammo cheats don't work with any recent version of AC? As of 1.0, the server checks if you have ammo before it accepts your shots. This behavior has absolutely nothing to do with Brahma's anticheat.

That blacklist report is either a misunderstanding or an attempt to get rid of someone he didn't like.
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 11, 04:58PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: «That's just the way it is»??
That dosent make sence.

GUIserver v 1.1.0.3 had anticheat...
So whats the problem adding it to GUIserver 1.1.0.4??

And dont tell me GUI 1.1.0.3 was official release. ;)

(19 Sep 10, 11:48PM)Toca Wrote: **NOTE: GUIServer v1104 does not include the anticheat system

No GUIServer had AntiCheat. Simple reason: he got no access to the sources ;)
Thanks given by:
Aha, why didnt he add that to the first post to? ;)
Cos they way it is now it seems to be anticheat in 1.1.0.3 GUI.
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 11, 05:24PM)tempest Wrote: That blacklist report is either a misunderstanding or an attempt to get rid of someone he didn't like.

It wasn't so much a misunderstanding of the situation as a miscommunication of terms... He was using a client side cheat in which he had infinite ammo in his client only which still gave him the recoil effects in the game... so, you could probably see how i would call it "infinite ammo"...
And also... you might want to read ALL the posts before replying and making such statements, as it was established that this had nothing to do with the anticheat, and in fact Gibstick stated that it was possible..
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 11, 07:54PM)ärkefiende Wrote: No GUIServer had AntiCheat. Simple reason: he got no access to the sources ;)

That's what I had thought.

* eftertanke haz a big confus
Thanks given by: