French translation of Assault Cube
I'm interested to make a French version of Assault cube is that possible ?
UP !
Thanks given by:
If you want give it a go, go ahead. Though I think it's already done but I could be wrong.
Thanks given by:
Depends of what you're going to translate. You should start from menus. They are contained in the config folder...
Thanks given by:
Isn't there already a french translation? Even if there isn't, IIRC Andrez was doing an italian version. He should be able to help you out.
Thanks given by:
yes, you can! ;)
Download the sources and you'll find somewhere a translation dir, if it's well done it'll find its way into the official package
Thanks given by:
Sorry i don't find the source ..... :( can you send me a link please ?
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 10:16AM)Matt Wrote: Sorry i don't find the source ..... :( can you send me a link please ?
It should be here. AFAIK, statements like "you fragged" and so on are in a folder called 'locale', while menu files, as I said before, are in the config folder.
Good luck with it!
Thanks given by:
Indeed - the CubeScript so far has only very few bindings into the locale-usage; this part of AC has not found the support of the community it's original programmer thought it would. I've just maintained the german-locale myself and haven't pushed the general implementation of it any further. If more people start providing locale-support for their language then this would definitely change!

So - to cut a long story short - you can simply take any and all *.cfg files (CubeScript) where language occurs, translate it into your language of choice, package it (as a ZIP) and tell people to place it into their game-home - that way it will override the default (english) version provided in the game-install.
For the engine-messages the way to translate them is to use the locale-files; they're a bit more difficult to get into (understanding format-strings!) and may also prove difficult for you to make usable by the game (scripts provided in SVN though, so it's not impossible!) - if you do run up against a wall here though I'm more than happy to help.
Maybe this could also lead to some detailed explanations on the wiki about "HowTo create your on locale" !?!

So, happy translating - good luck!
Thanks given by: