[solved] WEAPONS
How do you stop the gun from going up when shooting?
Thanks given by:
It's called recoil. Get used to it.

It's really helpful with the AR though. :P
Thanks given by:
If you're talking about the automatic weapons, SMG and Assault Rifle, drag your mouse down as you fire. It'll soon become a natural reaction.
Thanks given by:
Then you play Cube and you end up staring at the ground the whole time...D:
Thanks given by:
(lmao@ Frogulis) You drag the mouse down in moderation, trying to match the speed at which it's going up. Any good game has recoil, recoil is an integral part in realism, as well as the decreased accuracy the longer you shoot and the farther the distance. (in case he took you seriously)

If you just came from playing a game like Open arena where there is no recoil, then you'll have to get used to it here, if you do manage to eliminate recoil, it's called cheating.
Thanks given by:
What they said. But if you can't get the hang of the smg/AR. Try out the Carbine! 2 hit kill, and it takes an hour to shoot the 2nd shot, hence voiding any recoil of the first shot :)
Thanks given by:
If you're not used to dragging the mouse down, aim lower and let the recoil bring your aim up. Also, fire in bursts instead of just holding it down.
Thanks given by:
Don't feel bad if you never get the hang of bursting. I can't bring myself to let off the mouse button if the target is in my view. XD
Thanks given by:
You'll get used to the recoil and you'll be able to control it really good with practice, try playing against bots until you get the hang of it :D

If you don't like the recoil, Cube2 doesn't have recoil - try playing that.
However, you should persevere since Assaultcube is a far superior game ;)

Good luck pwning those nubs :P
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 11, 10:05AM)Polusive Wrote: Good luck pwning those nubs :P

Lol, i find it hard to 'pwn those nubs' these days D;
So yesh playing with teh bots is much cooler. And much much more anti-sociable, which all the kool kids like me do all the time.
Thanks given by:
Dang, I play multiplayer, does that make me uncool :(
I must be uncool, not only do I play multiplayer, but I spell "cool" as "c-o-o-l" :(
Thanks given by:
Can this thread be renamed to something relevant to the topic?
Thanks given by:
What are we talking about here?
Thanks given by:
Hello Mustang and welcome to the community!

The first two posts give a full answer to your question. This 'weapon going up' is called recoil and this is a vital part of AssaultCube's gameplay. The more skilled you'll get the easier you'll be able to compensate the recoil.

Enjoy your stay!
Thanks given by: