[WIP] New Playermodels
Right now I'm working on new playermodels for AC, and before I continue with the CLA guys, I want your feedback on the RVSFs.

[Image: rvsfpreview.jpg]

Any suggestion is welcome :)

Below is a To-do list, if you are fast enough, your ideas will stand there and will be implied in the mod.

- CLA theme = Brownish clothes with dschungle camo kevlar
-̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶o̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶“̶h̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶l̶̶i̶̶k̶̶e̶“ DONE
-̶ ̶̶s̶̶m̶̶o̶̶o̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶ DONE
-̶ ̶̶b̶̶i̶̶g̶̶g̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶e̶̶e̶̶t̶ DONE

Ps. I've seen the flipped faces at the AR, its fixed now.
Thanks given by:
Theyr hands o_o
Thanks given by:
Amazing, as always. ♥

I'm curious to see animations though...
Thanks given by:
I love them :D
Thanks given by:
Yep, add the hands to the to-do list.
Thanks given by:
Would it kill to give their heads a few more surfaces so that they look more round?
Thanks given by:
Cool man, but i see RVSF guys like a military unit (example US NAVY), and maybe CLA could be some kind of terrorist unit.. (Maybe MAFIA clothing :D or some gangster clothes like hoodies and jeans) These are just a suggestion :) they are cool and i like 'em a lot
Thanks given by:
I'll suggest a name for them: "The Anti Hide-In-The-Shadows Player Model Mod".

EDIT: Oyeh, they look really awesome. Also, why are they wearing socks? :P
Thanks given by:
# Hands now more handlike
# Head less bulky
# Less seams

Screenshots will follow later
Thanks given by:
I kinda agree with sambu, aren't the RVSF the military types, and the CLA are the pseudo-terrorists?
It doesn't really matter though, it will be easy enough to switch the files with each other.
Thanks given by:
I want terrorists
Thanks given by:
And they want you.
Thanks given by:
* Orynge thinks that more people should read the docs.
Then you would know for sure that:
- RVSF: Rabid Viper Special Forces
- CLA: Cubers Liberation Army
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 11, 08:18AM)V-Man Wrote: And they want you.

:DDDDDDDDD oh my god why am i laughing :D "Uncle Ali wants YOU, to join the terrorists" :D
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 11, 11:26AM)Sambu Wrote: Cool man, but i see RVSF guys like a military unit (example US NAVY), and maybe CLA could be some kind of terrorist unit..
Lantry Wrote:aren't the RVSF the military types, and the CLA are the pseudo-terrorists?

I.... don't realy see your problem here ._.

The ones on the screenshot are the RVSF's

The CLA's are still in the making, but they could take a while since I'm very busy in RL atm...
Thanks given by:
these are epic. nice job!
Thanks given by:
Quote:
I.... don't realy see your problem here ._.

The ones on the screenshot are the RVSF's

O.o I could have sworn when i read it before it was the CLA.
anyway, like i said, it's not really a problem :)
Thanks given by:
A new player model would be great, but I know it's very difficult to make a good one.

a_slow_old_man I hope you continue the effort and please post some new updates/screenshots. I would be interested in attempting a high resolution re-skin if this models gets completed.
Thanks given by:
@a_slow_old_man: If your model's in MD3, could you tell me how you got it into the game? I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I can't export to .md2 with 3DS Max, and the original model's in MD2. Thanks!

The model and skin look pretty nice. I'd agree with rounding the head though, it looks really blocky. I'd also suggest making the feet a bit thicker. They look really thin.
Thanks given by:
Nope, used md2 :/
Thanks given by:
Oh well. I'll figure it out eventually :) Thanks anyway.
Thanks given by:
If you are stuck, pm me :)
Thanks given by:
The overall girth of the model should be increased in certain areas, right now he looks kinda whimpy with those chicken legs for example. :P

Also think the skin should be darkened up a bit (everything but the actual color on their flesh) so it would maybe show your details a bit more, right now they seem to get lost in all the light.

Good job though liking them a lot already. Keep up the good work man! :D
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna look darn sexy with that banana mod in my pocket.
My skin even has nail polish.
Is facial hair optional? ;)
Thanks given by:
MUSTACHE MAN FOR CLA! MUSTACHE MAN FOR CLA!
Thanks given by:
UPDATE:

RVSF now kinda finshed...

[Image: previewxb.gif]

Here is a better picture

If you have any idea how I could make them less... similar, please post it here :)
There are no bad ideas, I even thought of giving one a other camo vest, so whatever you think of post it!! ^^

PS. please tell me with one you'd give the pali :)
Thanks given by:
How do you open md3 files in Blender? :'( I wanted to try to skin a gun, but I only know how to import md2s XD
Thanks given by:
Welll... which version do you use? 2.49? 2.5.5?
Thanks given by:
Proportions look generally off. The legs seem to small for the upper body, and the head seems too large overall. Maybe it's the angle of the shots. Maybe this can help: http://www.goregoregore.com/steps/bodypattern1.jpg

And those packs around the waist are pretty large. Looks strange, and makes them look fat imho. Make them less bulky I'd say
Thanks given by:
Hasn't anybody requested a female model yet?
Or an asian skin?
Just so we round off the possible looks one can assume.
Thanks given by: