mac sounds
Hey guys.

I just got a Macbook pro yesterday, and one of the first things i did was installing AC.

I noticed some weird noise bugs that weren't there in my previous laptop.

Also, how do i vote on a mac? If i press F1 it just changes the clarity.
Thanks given by:
Bind something else to [vote 1] (vote yes) and [vote 2] (vote no). For weird noises, try adjusting maxsoundsatonce and all that.
Thanks given by:
why thank you
Thanks given by:
There should be a 'fn' key on your keyboard (it's under F13 on mine), to vote press fn + F1 or fn + F2.
Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts
Idk about the weird noises, i don't have them.

Thanks given by:
To vote press Fn + F1 also for everything else, say Demos F10 screenshots f12 kinda odd :)

What kind of sounds You have??
Thanks given by:
It's like short weapon noises. Broken weapon. I dunno, it's weird.
Thanks given by:
As always: we need more information on your setup to provide intelligent guesses.
The problem may actually be that the sound-files are corrupt - but it seems unlikely if the game installed fine from the package; but you could walk into it (AFAIK it's basically a compressed folder you should be able to navigate with your regular FileBrowser, I might be wrong though) and try to play the packages/audio/* files outside of the game.
More likely, I'd say, was that the soundcard is not up to it, or it's driver. Please give us the appropriate lines (first 20-30) of your console output. If you don't see any output when running the game look for stdout.txt in your game-home and game-install directories.
You can reach (both?) of these from the Mac-StarterApp (menu: show my files - IIRC).
If some mac'er can give you some more detailed pointers I would be grateful as well - the wiki should really be filled with debugging/helper-advice for Mac; there's so few Mac'ers that "know" and I've never had much to do with them myself so I need to rely on 3rd-party information.
Thanks given by:
Ok, thanks a bunch flowtron, i'll provide the information as soon as i am able to.
666 olol
Thanks given by:
Did you do a software update? (It's one of the first things you should do when you have a new mac).
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1338
Thanks given by:
That has nothing to do with an AC error though i dont think at least.
Thanks given by:
All I've Gotta Say Is That Im Happy That I Have A Mac OS X
Thanks given by:
(19 Mar 11, 01:00AM)Medusa Wrote: Did you do a software update? (It's one of the first things you should do when you have a new mac).
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1338

Yes, i did.
Thanks given by: