Md2 problem
Hey guys,

I have a strange problem, maybe you know how to fix it:

Here is a picture where you can see it

PS. the faces are not twosided in blender. They are flipped right.
Thanks given by:
You may use .md3.

I guess it's because there is some 'optimizing' on .md2-format, which probably confuses those faces. I don't really know, but .md2 causes quite a lot of trouble.
Thanks given by:
I tired md3, but there are 2 major problems with it:
1. 2-4 animations wont work with md3 (I think it was moving backward/side crouching and.. uhmm... forgot)
2. the weapon wont fit (I could fix that tbh)

but those missing anims realy are anoying :/
Thanks given by:
Hmmm...

Well, I don't really understand how animations won't work. Make sure to have the exact amount of frames per animation, sorted exactly like the default model's animations. I couldn't imagine why this wouldn't work, if everything is set up correctly.

Btw, did you actually animate this playermodel yourself, using a fresh skeleton and so on?
Thanks given by:
Yes, I made every animation like the normal one with a own skeleton.

But with a md3 file I need a md3.cfg in order to make anims work, but then there aren't all the commands I'd need.
For md2 its not a problem, since there a cfg isnt necessary.
Thanks given by:
Ok, let's stick to .md2 then.

Have you tried to load the .md2 into blender or another editor and does it still look right then or is it also muddled there already?
Thanks given by:
Nope, everything fine :/

I even tried the "mdlscullface 0" or something from tocas window, but didnt work either.
Thanks given by:
Weird.

The only thing I can think of is that some vertices aren't welded properly and therefore the attached faces won't be taken into account, so to speak. MD2 is troubling with such issues and blender allows for quite heavy errors there without recogniseable effects, as far as I know.

If you don't mind PM me both, the blender and the .md2 and I'll put them through all editors I have on hand. Maybe I can find something. :S
Thanks given by:
Alright :)

Thanks for the offer :D
Thanks given by:
Ok, get yourself MisfitModel 3D.

Load the .md2 there and do nothing but <save> and it's fixed. I guess the blender export script you're using isn't working properly.

BTW, looks quite cool so far. :)
Thanks given by:
Nvm, found it :)
Thanks given by:
May I ask what it was? ;)
Thanks given by:
I did not know how to delete the mesh animations of the weapons, but then I found it at misfit models :)
Thanks given by: