Tag Whitelist/Blacklist.
Where do we post these. Im new to these forums?
Thanks given by:
If you want other servers to use your tag whitelist, this is a good place to start. However, not everyone will want to use it, but don't be discouraged.
Thanks given by:
Why don't you ask TyD? They know a lot about Tag-Blacklisting. Specifically when it comes to innocent players too. They should be able to help you get your inner-fascist on. ;)
Thanks given by:
oh okay thanks
Thanks given by:
@MorganKell. The innocent players can play, it's just the specific groups / users that are banned for going around the ban and throwing insults.

@NightFang. This wiki article should tell you all there is to know about these lists:
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Serve...cklist.cfg
Thanks given by:
@pwnage = Well that's good to know. Of course assuming the ban was relevant in the first place... you know all that stuff about Davitomon being a reformed cheater and how most of the community has forgiven him via an old AC Radio show, and of course since his only offense was playing with a legacy tag for like one interclan. While I certainly don't agree with legacy's behavior in response to the blacklisting, I do sympathize. However since you run an "AC" Ladder as well, in your words THE AC Ladder, it's quite perturbing that you'd allow selfish personal grudges to influence who gets to play the ladder and who doesn't. On the other hand I guess it's kind of freeing to know that your ac ladder isn't truly an AC LADDER... Free for all... Fair for all. You know, that kind of thing.

Now this just leaves open the reason oNe is blacklisted... but I guess some long-standing clans just slip through the cracks these days aye?

By the way, if you could enlighten me as to why Bullpup has been banned on the forums I'd really appreciate it. Last I heard you turned off your forum PM feature and I've grown quite tired of visiting TyD forums as of late, so it's only appropriate I use one of my On Topic posts to ask a slightly unrelated question. Capische? In other words, keep those itchy fingers away from that warning button.

Of course if it isn't you that has banned my shimmy, then accept my apology in advance.

Sincerely,

Your Biggest Fan,

MorganKell

P.S. Nightfang you in that new KaS clan aren't you? Who are you planning on whitelisting in particular? I may have an interest in securing my tags via your whitelist.

mod edit: cleared up the Bullpup thing via PM
Thanks given by:
Maybe there could be a commonly known whitelist, similar to the clan list wiki, where each clan could post their own whitelist and have editing powers over their own clans page. That way server operators could prevent tag impersonators/abusers from any clan willing to participate. Just a thought,
~Waffles
Thanks given by:
Or PM one to server owners and ask if they could add it.

Or even a sticky thread here on AC forum about it.
Thanks given by:
@MorganKell:
(10 Mar 11, 10:35PM)MorganKell Wrote: However since you run an "AC" Ladder as well, in your words THE AC Ladder, it's quite perturbing that you'd allow selfish personal grudges to influence who gets to play the ladder and who doesn't. On the other hand I guess it's kind of freeing to know that your ac ladder isn't truly an AC LADDER... Free for all... Fair for all. You know, that kind of thing.

I'm setting the standard, and I can assure you it's not personal grudges. It's my servers, I decide who plays there or not.
It was the first ladder in AC and it was named so. If you cared to read some you would notice it's not mentioned as being the official ladder for AC. Also most of the AC maps that are not official are still named ac_, I suppose they're not truly ac_maps either.

(10 Mar 11, 10:35PM)MorganKell Wrote: By the way, if you could enlighten me as to why Bullpup has been banned on the forums I'd really appreciate it. Last I heard you turned off your forum PM feature and I've grown quite tired of visiting TyD forums as of late, so it's only appropriate I use one of my On Topic posts to ask a slightly unrelated question. Capische? In other words, keep those itchy fingers away from that warning button.

Another person banned Bullpup. Not me, take it up with the specific mod.
Going tired of visiting other clans forums is caused by your own lazyness. I don't spend a lot of time on this forum, and therefore turned off my PM function. Although I do have an email address, where other users seems to be perfectly capable of reaching me.

I haven't used any of my itchy fingers to give warning points in a while. Perhaps you should read the forum rules again: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1300.html

Especially rule 6.
Thanks given by:
I will shoot off MK a PM right now concerning the matter.
Thanks given by:
BlackFlag banned me earlier ... for talking to other players O.o?
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 11, 01:03AM)pwnage{TyD} Wrote: I'm setting the standard, and I can assure you it's not personal grudges. It's my servers, I decide who plays there or not.

Do you like contradicting yourself or what?
Thanks given by:
uh sorry I made this thread to find answers not to let people argue and hate each other. Just Peace...

Thanks for the help MorganKell and pwnage.

So where do I post the WhiteList?

@MorganKell (<this is FUN to do)
"Nightfang you in that new KaS clan aren't you? Who are you planning on whitelisting in particular? I may have an interest in securing my tags via your whitelist." --- What do you mean by this?

P.S I dont mean to offend anyone by saying anything at the top.
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 11, 06:05AM)NightFang Wrote: @MorganKell (<this is FUN to do)
"Nightfang you in that new KaS clan aren't you? Who are you planning on whitelisting in particular? I may have an interest in securing my tags via your whitelist." --- What do you mean by this?

I think he thinks your running your own servers and he wants to add a whitelist to your servers but i think your wanting to protect your own clantag by adding it to other already made servers. But dont worry about Mr Morgan Shimmy, he was probably drunk writing that.
Thanks given by:
First off I must apologize Nightfang. We kind of hi-jacked your thread.

@pwnage:: Those rules were written by Zarj who I don't take seriously. Although they were compiled by Bukz who I do. Doesn't matter. My post was on topic. Note the little P.S. at the bottom? I've been posting here when you were in diapers, just a little cuddly wuddly smoochums in hanze. If you wanna step me you're going to have a lot of ground to make up. I suggest starting with Pampers, then moving up to big boy undies. Just sayin.

You're setting the standard aye? That's good to know. I guess we'll have many up and comers blacklisting clans left and right with absolutely ZERO evidence (note oNe) while others get served the Banhammer of Grey for misuse of a tag (legacy). You are correct though, they are your servers, and your ladder. It may have started as the AC Ladder, but it sure hasn't finished as one. Thing is, I could totally see the TyD Ladder becoming official. It's got that much potential. The only thing stopping it is the blatantly selfish, corrupt, and negligent attitude that exists when it comes to moderating it. I understand believe me I do. You have a noble goal for AC that you want to spread throughout the community. Only problem is your use of brute force tactics to shove it down our throats. As well as the unforgivably rigid stance you take towards cheaters, reformed or not. Hey that's cool. Maybe next time you should PM / (you know that feature you turned off right?) somehow inform clans about the draconian measures you're about to enforce on them. I'm not talking specifically about |KH|. I'm sure legacy and oNe got nothing close to a "Hey, I am going to tag-ban you on my servers, as well as MY ladder for this... this... and this... I will give you time to respond before I do. Please do so promptly." They probably would have LOVED to know the reasons BEFORE it happened.

You think I hate ladders don't you? Well that's only partly true. I just hate ladders that don't cater to it's clientele. I also hate owners (Franchisees is the proper term) who use it to batter people around. Everyone wants to play the TyD Ladder, don't you realize that?? By not letting them you're unfairly stagnating the ladder for some stupid as hell worthless personal reasons. If there was solid and straight up legit evidence to show that oNe and legacy don't deserve to ladder then I'd say "Shit happens". But there isn't man, there is nothing deserving of a blacklist. What it looks like to me is just another high-handed TyD helping of Banhammer.

Time to send this thread or branch another into the Offtopic. I expect you to take care of that. Just make one with your response down there and that should be enough. I'll find it. That is of course if you're going to answer. Probably should since this is a nice tea party-esque discussion of the niceties of running the ladder.
Thanks given by:
Time to send this thread to its grave ;)
Thanks given by: