Problem running AC 1.0
Hello!
My problem is that Assaultcube 1.0 dont work.
Its wierd becuse before i installed the sauerbraten tripper edition it was perfect!
But now both Sauerbraten and AC 1.0 dont working
when i start any of the games it shows the loading screen for a few seconds and then a it shows a "fatal error" message. I reinatalled it and all other things you can do!!! The only version of both games thats works is Sauerbraten summer edition an AC V0.9x! I have an ATI 3D card and have read somewhere that is problem with these cards in sauerbraten. Please help, i really want to play AC 1.0!
CYAA! // HPKiller
Thanks given by:
if you are using an old version of AC 1.0.x use the newest 1.0.4 (Download me!)

Sauerbraten has no problems with ATI gpus (otherwise nearly 30% of all players would have this problem)

Try the newest graphics driver and uninstall OpenAL (installing AC will install a working version of OpenAL).

God dag!
Thanks given by:
"tripper edition". lol.

Maye you should post that error message you get.

(Just what do people think what the purpose of error messages is...)
Thanks given by:
sexual diseases are a serious problem! ^^
error messages are built to annoy people
Thanks given by:
Sauerbraten/AssaultCube (any cube engine really) has a number of issues with both ATI and nVidia cards; with ATI it is often the case that new drivers cause new bugs, hence it's often required to DOWNGRADE those drivers if an update starts to cause issues.
With nVidia there's basically only the freeze-on-linux issue (which AssaultCube shares), eihrul has done a lot to reduce this - even though they're propietary and nVidia doesn't do much to provide support for them and/or coders who run into issues and try to submit bug-reports.
Thanks given by: