Blacklisted for no reason [solved]
Hi all! Im Sn0w* , Some of you may have seen me in-game. Apparently this server's blacklisted me for no reason at all. I was doing well, having a 6-0 score on his OSOK ac_snow game, and suddenly i disconnected and im blacklisted.

this is the server :

ufes.no-ip.org 28763 __________Brasil_________

although i dont really care about being blacklisted on that server, the owner has given me a dirty record by blacklisting me -_- I have been playing fair all the time, and i feel that i should have a clean record >:(

is there anything i can do about this? =/

----Edit: Solved, im no longer blacklisted. Thanks :D
Thanks given by:
If you suddenly disconnected and can't go back in. There is a 99% chance he simply banned you (the other 1% is that the server went offline). Wait 20 minutes and you'll be able to go back in.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 10, 06:55AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: If you suddenly disconnected and can't go back in. There is a 99% chance he simply banned you (the other 1% is that the server went offline). Wait 20 minutes and you'll be able to go back in.

Its been more than 20 minutes, and i am still unable to get in =/ heres a screenshot:

[Image: xakpd.jpg]

:(
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I actually saw that. I was blacklisted on it too. I never entered. I just thought it was an ip range thing. Maybe not, maybe its setup as a white-list server. Who knows, dont mind them, if you dont know portuguese then I wouldn't worry, because playing with them wouldn't be as good. (Tried to make that sound as anti-Brazilian as possible, just saying, you wouldn't be able to talk to them)

Did you notice they dont have an ip listed? I thought you had to have an ip listed to have a server up.
It has "ufes.no-ip.org" unstead.
Thanks given by:
Same thing happened to me on this server, this is the only place where I'm blacklisted, don't relle know the reason why. But, I guess the server owner has every right to run his server as he pleases. I don't relle care, since its just a crap little server that gives me high pings and I can always go play on much better servers somewhere else, I suggest you just do the same, Snow. There is nothing here that ppl can relle do about how some sever owners run their blacklist.
Maybe you should try to can get in touch with the server owner and see if he lifts your ban, I personally don't think that is worth the trouble just to play on a server with such crappy admin...
Thanks given by:
Lol, i'm not blacklisted on that server anymore :D Ronald and The-Crema should also be un-blacklisted now :D
Thanks given by:
I still am and no thx :)
Thanks given by:
ha ha ha~
Thanks given by:
i am blacklisted their also and have never played their LOL
Thanks given by:
me too lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah, same here. Range ban?
Thanks given by:
Who knows. Maybe only brazilians aren't blacklisted? Can someone that lives in Brazil check it?
Thanks given by:
My friend bbaln45_3m told this server only allowed hackers in it[is it true?]
Thanks given by:
Rumors....
Thanks given by:
LMAO
somebody run get RandumKiwi!
Thanks given by:
Most brazilians are hackers. The server kinda shows that they are from Brasil. I would assume. I don't trust some people with the 187.x.x.x ip.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 10, 05:50AM)bballn45 Wrote: Most brazilians are hackers. The server kinda shows that they are from Brasil. I would assume. I don't trust some people with the 187.x.x.x ip.

Wow, that's really racist :P Actually, not most Brazilians are hackers, the deal is that while the US is in 2nd place of total of Assaultcube downloaders with about 1,000 people, Brazil has around 8,000 AC downloaders, which make them eight times as big. You see so many Brazilians on the blacklist, mainly because of that immense amount of players.
Thanks given by:
ok :D Didn't mean to be racist or anything but it is true.
Thanks given by:
Most AssaultCube players are Brazilian.
A few of them are cheaters. (See here.)
The ratio being preserved, there are more Brazilian cheaters than other players.
However, I've been starting to think lately that the ratio of cheaters to players is higher for USA or France than for Brazil.
Thanks given by:
Hey guys,

Let me clarify this thread. First of all, my nickname in the game is GDP|Bobster and I'm representing the owner of the server (my friend, GDP|Juliao). Given that, I'm going to tell how all this happened.

My friends and I live in Brazil and we recently started to play assault cube. All the current servers on the global list present at least 200 ping for us brazilians. As a consequence, we decided to play in our own private games, so we could play with a ping below 100 (I am currently playing with 20 ping in the ufes.no-ip.org server). But to make our private games fun, we had to bring together like 6 friends and that would take some effort to synchronize ourselves.

Then, we came with the idea to put our server in the main list so brazilian players could enjoy playing with decent ping and, in addition, we could play with more than 4 or 6 people.

The server was doing really fine, but sometimes people with high ping would come and they usually teleport because of the lag and that was annoying. So, we decided to allow only brazilian people to the server, so everyone would be below 100 ping and make brazilians happy.

Now, I heard about people complaining in the assault cube forums about our server. We are really sorry if that's illegal or something like that. But all we wanted to do was improve our gaming environment. Me and my friends dislike playing on the usual public servers because of the lag and I guess most of the brazilians do too.

Hence, we are not xenophobic, we just want to have a decent ping. I think our policy will just increase the popularity of the game in our country. One of the reasons why people just let the game go is the absence of decent ping servers for us.

Thanks for the attention.
Thanks given by:
I think it's fine. Just have a note in the server description (or extended server info which most people probably never check -_-).
Thanks given by:
Maybe you should keep your server from appearing on the MS list and tell your folks and other brazilian players you know about your server, caus lots of brazilian folks play with high pings everywhere else and yet, no one keeps them from playing, imagine if all the other server owners decide to block Ips from Brazil due to high ping, lots of players would have only a hand full of servers to play at, since only a 3 or 4 are hosted in Brazil (and most (if not all) of them are laggy home servers). Imho a public server should be as the name say, public and open for all (but bled ppl)
Most of lag problems would be avoided simply by players looking at server's ping before joining...
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 10, 10:44PM)noerrorsfound Wrote: I think it's fine. Just have a note in the server description (or extended server info which most people probably never check -_-).

the funny thing about extended server info is if you can't go in to the server, how can you check?
now i see why i am blisted there too.
Thanks given by:
I think people need to understand and get over themselves. So us Americans (I'm actually Canadian) can do this, but they cannot? Don't be so egotistical.
Thanks given by:
The server owners have every right to blacklist or not blacklist whoever they like. This is just fine.
Thanks given by:
Thank you, someone with their head actually in the right place!

Think about it, a Brazillian hops on an American server that you're on. He's pinging terrible, you all vote kick/black list, etc.. Whatever it takes to get him out of there.

Now, you're on THEIR turf, and you're complaining? Geez. Some spoiled little kids here.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 10, 01:41AM)btraill Wrote: Thank you, someone with their head actually in the right place!

Think about it, a Brazillian hops on an American server that you're on. He's pinging terrible, you all vote kick/black list, etc.. Whatever it takes to get him out of there.

Now, you're on THEIR turf, and you're complaining? Geez. Some spoiled little kids here.
No need for the attitude here 'kid' we're just discussing a quick blacklist//server problem....Anyways I really don't see the need for this thread to be open still if this problem is solved and everyone's on the same 'page' again...
Thanks given by:
Thread Closed.
Thanks given by: