Suggestions for maprot
I'm currently working on a maprot, & I'd like some suggestions from the ac community.
Thanks given by:
The best way is to download the mappack, and try the various maps there, one by one, mode by mode, that is what I did, but here's something.

ac-Safari, TDM
Thanks given by:
I have that in there xD
here's what I have so far

ac_safari tdm, ctf, & htf
ac_depot three ctfs
ac_wasteland tdm, tsurv, & lss
Thanks given by:
You may use this if you wish. It is all custom, and you will need to download the maps. Most are in the map-pack. 43 custom maprot. It is my WIP maprot. This is a short (all official) maprot I used when I ran servers
ac_desert:11:10:1:0:10
ac_arid:0:10:1:4
ac_toxic:0:15:1:2
ac_elevation:15:15:1:2:8
ac_depot:5:15:1:0:10
ac_arctic:11:15:1:2
ac_werk:13:15:1:2
ac_outpost:5:10:1:4
ac_power:5:15:1:2
ac_shine:5:15:1:0:10
ac_desert:2:10:1:2:10
ac_arabian:5:15:1:4
ac_mines:5:15:1
ac_desert3:13:15:1:4
ac_rattrap:0:15:1
It is much smaller ;) It seemed pretty effective, as it used osok desert to bring in players (make it more full) and then switched the map and mode. I had those maps/modes -A'ed out as well. Seemed to work well.
Thanks given by:
I used to run a server, and I would say what I put together was rather successful. I don't have the original cfg anymore, but I can tell you what I looked for when I made it, in a do/don't style list :D
  • DO use the most impressive maps you can find.
  • DO study potential map canidates' layouts to find the best possible mode to associate it with. Linear-styled maps are best for team modes, arena-styled for ffa, etc./
  • DO update your maprot every once in a while with new maps. Find a really good map on Quadropolis? See if you can make room for it in your rotation!
  • DO act upon feedback. This thread is a great start. Getting a group together in IRC is also a good way to plan a maprot
  • DO blend official and custom maps.
  • DON'T use a lot of "cliched" map/mode combinations. It's nice to play something other than ac_desert TOSOK or ac_depot CTF every once in a while.
  • DON'T use maps with custom media unless it's a custom map server. ac_egypt is all pretty until it's turned into a gray mass of "missing content" textures.
  • DON'T use crap maps like riflecamper. EVER. I will shank you with a raw salmon if you do.
  • DON'T pair large maps with small player sets and vice versa. Sitting in ac_sylang for 10 minutes after you die because some idiot thought it'd be good idea to make a group of 3 rotate to that map on TSURV is NOT fun.
  • DON'T forget to throw in some fun modes like PF, particularly for smaller groups. There are times to be had with these neglected modes.
Thanks given by:
Make sure you know how many people max you will be hosting.

Use the max/min. players limit of use. No need to put 3 players on Culvert or Edifice
Thanks given by:
Listen to your mother.
Most of her awesome advice is just quotes from VenteX:
(my favorites)
(04 Mar 11, 04:54AM)VenteX Wrote:
  • DO blend official and custom maps.
  • DON'T use a lot of "cliched" map/mode combinations. It's nice to play something other than ac_desert TOSOK or ac_depot CTF every once in a while.
  • DON'T use crap maps like riflecamper. EVER. I will shank you with a raw salmon if you do.
  • DON'T forget to throw in some fun modes like PF, particularly for smaller groups. There are times to be had with these neglected modes.

To summarize:
Quote:blend
other
raw salmon
neglected modes
Thanks given by:
LOL
Thanks given by:
LOL @ V-Man xD

And VenteX pretty much summed it all up. Have fun :D

P.S. jamz's maprot on his TyD ladder server is the sexiest. ever. Had some nostalgia seeing some custom maps from 1.0 :o
Like umm....dangit my mind is blank... I'll come back later :L
Thanks given by:
And you can use this to make your maprot :
http://gamescreens.co.cc/maprot/index.php
Thanks given by:
And remember:
[Image: healing_foods_1]
We're watching you.
Thanks given by:
Find servers run by jamz (the server of justices) press F9 + M, tweak slightly, have good server.
Thanks given by:
kk, I think I'll just use Bukz's since it's what I was looking for.
Thanks given by:
Remember to have all the maps in packages/maps/servermaps.
Thanks given by:
well I like to collect maps of all the FPS games that I have and this is the map pack from AC that I have, with this I did the last year the maprot of my clan servers check it out there are more than 450 maps all working in 1.1.4 with a screenshot of each map, more than 250 are good in my opinion the rest not much

FILE:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=0oj147t0lgb
Thanks given by: