LAN Game Setup
Before you give me a link, make sure it's to a step by step idiot proof process, that ISN'T a video.

Okay.

I've read the documentation, and even that didn't make sense. What I need, as mentioned before, is a step by step explanation of how to create a multiplayer LAN game. My brother just got his laptop fixed, and I am just itching to kick his ass on AC. I would go through the wiki, but I don't have the time or patience to do so with my sucky internet connection (dial-up *shame*). Any video tutorials are out as well, for quite the same reason.

Thanks in advance,

-CTSTL

Thanks given by:
AFAIK...
A LAN server is fairly easy. Simply starting a server (commandline or wizard) should work. If the server doesn't connect to the masterserver then I'm pretty sure it still works over lan. Also, in servercmdline.txt, there is an option to not connect to the masterserver or not. I don't know if it works. I've never used it.
-Frogulis
Thanks given by:
Just run the server without forwarding any ports. On Windows, this is with server.bat. If you really want to be safe, go into your config folder (it's called "config" and will be located where you installed AC) and open up servercmdline.txt. Add -mLocalhost at the very bottom.
Thanks given by:
@Gibstick
@Frogulis

While I thank you both for your help, I must confess that, noob that I am, I haven't the faintest idea how to start a server.
Again, thank you, but a completely in depth explantion is required.
Sorry. D:

-CTSTL

Thanks given by:
Open your assaultcube folder.
You'll see a file called "server.bat" (if you're using Windows).
Run that program.
Your machine is now the server for your LAN.
Any computers connected to your network will be able to see that LAN server.
Thanks given by:
(03 Mar 11, 08:32AM)V-Man Wrote: Open your assaultcube folder.
You'll see a file called "server.bat" (if you're using Windows).
Run that program.
Your machine is now the server for your LAN.
Any computers connected to your network will be able to see that LAN server.

That's so easy I'm ashamed. T.T
Thanks! :D
Thanks given by:
Don't be ashamed -- It took me three months to figure that out!
Thanks given by:
Damn. xD

Thanks given by: