What gives you inspiration when making maps?
I was just wondering, because I am at a standstill with my current map. I usually use official maps for inspiration, but i want to make a map that is unique. Maybe what inspires you guys to make maps will help me out as well. :D
Thanks given by:
I haven't really finished any maps yet, but i find a good source of inspiration is movies, tv shows, and books. For example, the map i am currently working on was inspired by the warehouse from the end of the raiders of the lost ark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg4BbctI7...ed#t=1m44s
Thanks given by:
I usually get inspired by like when I see other maps, so the map I'm working on now acx_shipping (Tip's VenteX) I got that inspiration from, another map.
Thanks given by:
Everyday life.
Hence no maps. :(
Thanks given by:
Karnivool.
Thanks given by:
Lol, my lack of inspiration is the primary cause to why I can't finish a map.... :|

I have three maps under construction, ranging from 10% to 80% complete. But yeah, I try to get inspiration from other maps, perhaps from other games. However mostly I just kind of make it along the way... Don't really know how it works...but it works... Until I get stuck on what next to do, then I just sit and do nothing for maybe days, before I start and complete another 'section'.

Oh and I don't know if this is a form of inspiration but.... I listen to music while mapping, it helps me in a way. How? I don't really know how to explain.

That said, good luck mapping. :)
Thanks given by:
I finish 2 hours of map making, but then my lack of attention span kicks in and I don't work on it for another 2 monthes. Rinse and repeat.
Thanks given by:
Other games (CounterStrike, WarRock..), movies or just my mind.
Thanks given by:
WW II movies really get me going ..... but I forgot what the save cammand is :(
Thanks given by:
If you're saving for the first time,
/savemap (mapname)

Otherwise
/savemap
Thanks given by:
Well. I try to get online and ask some people what kind of maps they'd really like to be made (some people are jerks and will swear at you for asking) and then I go to google images and look at some pics of what they'd like to see. Then I either make something like that, or I see something else that I really like and I make it :) (not exactly as the pictures, just stuff out of the pics)

Of course, I've made two good maps and five lame ones XD
Thanks given by:
Hallucinogenics work for me.
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 11, 02:11AM)Hellspell Wrote: Hallucinogenics work for me.

Be confusing if they didn't work for you.
Thanks given by: