AC_Douze "Enhanced"
I was on a server, and someone decides to call a mapping vote, and it's a "enhanced" version of Douze, I never saw it, due to the vote failing shortly afterwards, but I was thinking I should go ahead and bring it to someone's attention, considering Douze is an official map, meaning no editing upon it is allowed without permission.

[Image: 20110226034235riflecamp.jpg]
Thanks given by:
perhaps they did have permission? who knows.
but what could you possibly do to 'enhance' Douze? lol
Thanks given by:
I've seen a couple of these pop up recently. I think people feel they are allowed to edit douze because nobody likes it, though all the ones i have seen just make it more campy by using half of the airconditioner and stuff like that.
I think if you really wanted to "improve" douze, you would add more stuff in the middle, so it is less open.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what you could do to enhance it, but I don't know if the "Ask for original mapper's permission" applies to a map once it becomes official
Thanks given by:
that map doesnt really look enhanced it looks destroyed. but that's just the way i see it...
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 07:50PM)Kirin Wrote: that map doesnt really look enhanced it looks destroyed. but that's just the way i see it...

thats not a screenshot of 'enhanced douze', thats riflecamper.
Thanks given by:
They should make a new douze. UNDERWATER! imagine the fun you could have...
Thanks given by:
* VenteX pictures douze with the middle pit full of water and realizes that it would actually look pretty cool. Then he pictures how horrible the gameplay would be and pukes a bit.
Thanks given by:
* MykeGregory still wonders why this type of text is red and so hurty on the eyes again. what was worng with the last colour?

game play would be awesome! you would throw a nade then it would be like "quick! back pedal! back pedal!" *boom*

Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 07:40PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: considering Douze is an official map, meaning no editing upon it is allowed without permission.

I just noticed this; while it is technically true, it implies that non-official maps don't require you to ask the original author, which isn't true.
Thanks given by:
* Frogulis would also like to know why. He thought he'd done something wrong the first time it happened (take that out of context. I dare you.)

ac_douze is kinda enhanced (or at least made more appropriate for ac) when you consider that the original looked like some sort of space-temple :S

* Frogulis is playing DMSP on douze as he's writing this

EDIT: Yes @ Lantry*insert down arrow*
Also, what server is that? I'm curious to see if that map is just a different map with the same name.
e.g. space douze is called douze, but is quite a different map.
Thanks given by:
yeah, it is a really good map... when it is used properly. but thats the topic of a different thread, not this one.
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 08:23PM)Lantry Wrote:
(26 Feb 11, 07:40PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: considering Douze is an official map, meaning no editing upon it is allowed without permission.

I just noticed this; while it is technically true, it implies that non-official maps don't require you to ask the original author, which isn't true.

That doesnt imply that you don't have to ask the author of a non-official map. It just means that editing is prohibited on the maps considered by the devs to be "official."
Thanks given by:
who cares, no offense to makkE but douze is my least fav official map
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 09:47PM)Elven Wrote: who cares, no offense to makkE but douze is my least fav official map

that's exactly why they are doing it to douze, but not to other official maps. Even if nobody likes it, it is still an official map, and i doubt they asked makkE's permission first anyway. So to answer your question, I care.
Thanks given by:
Too bad it didn't get voted, screenshots of it would have been interesting :'(

on another note, I JUST noticed the "no camping" sign in douze a few days ago and Douze is twice as good after I noticed that.
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 08:09PM)MykeGregory Wrote: They should make a new douze. UNDERWATER! imagine the fun you could have...

i made a quick edit and made it underwater to troll with on servers that keep playing douze
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 02:03AM)Kush_Slayer Wrote:
(26 Feb 11, 08:09PM)MykeGregory Wrote: They should make a new douze. UNDERWATER! imagine the fun you could have...

i made a quick edit and made it underwater to troll with on servers that keep playing douze

Really?
Thanks given by:
Seriously... I spent my precious time writing a thread explaining why a map should not stay in the focus, but the way you play it... but these kids continue to troll.

I will close this for a while.
Thanks given by: