bug ? many hits but no kill...
I know this may not help many people. But its best to match your refresh rate of your monitor (Hz) with your FPS. I know that a lot of players will tell you to set FPS as high as possible, but don't listen to that crap. Your gameplay will be smoother, and your aim truer if you do this simple thing.
Doing this minimizes this 'bug' IMO.
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to have an anticheat system that doesn't effect gameplay?

Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 10:16AM)Vermi Wrote: Is it possible to have an anticheat system that doesn't effect gameplay?

AFAIK, no. I get kicked by punkbuster all the time.
Thanks given by:
Naw, that´s only because you´re a little punk. :)
Can anyone provide some info, where one can test playing with anticheat deactivated?
Thanks given by:
You can create a custom server (using the official sources), Greifenstein.
The anticheat code is not public available...
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 09:07PM)Brahma Wrote: The anticheat code is not public available...

Are there still plans to make an anticheat library?
Thanks given by:
I believe so.
Thanks given by:
maybe anti-cheat could be offered as a separate hard-coded dll/exe, so people can't view or change its code.
Thanks given by:
eihrul has found something that should really improve this situation, it was caused by code introduced mid-2009 - he isn't convinced this has fixed everything screwy going on there, but we'll keep working on it.
EDIT:
Oh. actually. he already fixed it up it seems - the man is a coding machine, typing source quicker than other people think :-P
eihrul - you rule! :) :) :)
Thanks given by:
This is great news. Can you give us more details -- what was the cause? Is it in SVN yet?

Also notice that the offending line of code Luc@s found has not yet been removed (rev. 6187). I must admit I'm quite impatient to try some of these great fixes!
Thanks given by:
Roflcopter, it is in SVN. Server must be compiled (may get updated soon enough). It is not the same as lucas' fix. If you want to take a look:
http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...w=revision
http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...w=revision
Thanks given by:
Great news! Good job developers! Let's go for 45 accu :D
Thanks given by: