Money and football.
It's a commonly talked about 'problem' but what are your views on the effects of all this 'big money' on football? Is it good for the game, is it bad? Is it the reason we never see much home grown talent (at least in the premier league)? Is the beautiful game now becoming merely a business?
Thanks given by:
I think less money could be spent on football. <---- My POV.
Thanks given by:
not as long as rich owners are prepared to spend however much it costs to outbid other clubs
Thanks given by:
All of that money could be put to better use, such like helping feed the hungry, advance our technology, help educate our youngins, and help bolster my wallet. I dont care where that money comes from in the long run, its just not being put to a good use (in my opinion).
Thanks given by:
And why a football player should earn more money than a doctor who save lifes?
Thanks given by:
Personally, like Ronald stated, I believe a fair amount of money could be lessened on football. It's a mess, the profiteering by megalomaniac wealthy foreign businessmen is choking the game. Rather than giving away 10 million dollars, reduce that by about 25%-30%, and provide the remaining money to people under extreme poverty that only have grain of rice to eat.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 11, 02:39AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: All of that money could be put to better use, such like helping feed the hungry, advance our technology, help educate our youngins, and help bolster my wallet. I dont care where that money comes from in the long run, its just not being put to a good use (in my opinion).

And here we see the problem: because of capitalism, the people who make the most money are those who find the best way to make money, not necessarily the people who deserve it. However, putting people in charge of determining salaries would be much worse, because then the people who get rich would be those that are best at sucking up to the salary-setters (not to mention the salary-setters themselves).
Its a catch 22 really, because of human nature.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 11, 02:56AM)Leoi Wrote: And why a football player should earn more money than a doctor who save lifes?
He shouldn't, but can you imagine any government being prepared to pay doctors that much money?
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 11, 10:26PM)Hellspell Wrote:
(05 Mar 11, 02:56AM)Leoi Wrote: And why a football player should earn more money than a doctor who save lifes?
He shouldn't, but can you imagine any government being prepared to pay doctors that much money?
I hope to think that doctors dont do what they do for the money. But for what it does. And most do.

Thanks given by:
Exactly. While in the other hand, seriously, all soccer players play for money. ALL of them. Tell me ONE player that actually plays because he wants to "enhance his football skills for the lulz" or to have "fun"...
Thanks given by:
you could argue that there are some who are playing just cause they enjoy the game

but the money probably helps a bit too ;D
Thanks given by:
Whew!
Money for the sake of money.
That's called MLM.
Oh yeah, and we'll throw in some football to make it look legit.
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 11, 03:47AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: all soccer players play for money. ALL of them. Tell me ONE player that actually plays because he wants to "enhance his football skills for the lulz" or to have "fun"...
Wayne Rooney.
Thanks given by:
Proof? :D
Thanks given by:
[Image: a61c0e55afbaac1aa057f8dcd2062eafd82e36fc...6b766g.jpg]
Let's be honest, if you're on that kinda of wage you're not going to be playing for the money.
Thanks given by:
They play for the children... and "use the money for charity"
Thanks given by: