Fov
If you've ever wondered why you are only allowed to set your fov to a limited range of values... this is why
[Image: 20110211_093051_ac_desert_DM.jpg]

Let me answer a few questions i'll probably get.
Q1.: Whats going on?
A.: I set the fov to 270
Q2.: How did I do it?
A.: Magic

well, another reason why is so that you cant create your own zoom feature with every weapon....
Thanks given by:
hacker, witchcraft
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, did someone do this?

Aside from my pride, I have extra screenshots there if anyone wants to see a range of FOVs. Personally I like the birds eye view things that have been floating around more.
Thanks given by:
Quote:so that you cant create your own zoom feature with every weapon....
OOPS DANGIT HOW DID THAT URL SLIP OUT OF THERE AND ONTO THIS THREAD?! IT'S SO GOLDANG DIFFICULT TO KEEP TRACK OF THESE URLS MY CORNEAS HURT.

(@Ron: Thanks for calling it "Deep Magic," my heart jumped for joy when I read that.)
Thanks given by:
we should all play clan matches like that! haha!
Thanks given by:
I 1v1 Castiel with 170 on. Crazy I must say.
Thanks given by:
Wow, i had no idea this was already done... However, I did it differently then they did... I didn't modify the source code at all......
Thanks given by:
You didn't? I used cold hard hax! How did you do it, I am very curious now!
Thanks given by:
http://rrblog.5gigs.net/2010/11/04/work-...d/#more-17 Wrote:...."messing around with the AC source"....
I assumed from that that you modified the source. All i did was use a memory editor to change the variable.
Thanks given by:
Oh righto. Yeah, I found the line that said something like this:
VARP(fov, 60, 90, 120)
Code from memory, but I just changed the last number to 360.
Thanks given by:
ahh, i used the kind of memory editor where you scan for all variables with the same value as the fov, then chang the value of it, then reapeated untill you get the right variable
Thanks given by:
You used a cheat engine? :D
Thanks given by:
yup, but I don't consider changing the fov to be "cheating", despite the name, lol
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 08:46AM)Thrawn Wrote: If you've ever wondered why you are only allowed to set your fov to a limited range of values... this is why

This view is clearly advantageous. You could shoot at people in the well, and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, and before you know it a winner is you.
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 11, 06:07AM)Lantry Wrote:
(24 Feb 11, 08:46AM)Thrawn Wrote: If you've ever wondered why you are only allowed to set your fov to a limited range of values... this is why

This view is clearly advantageous. You could shoot at people in the well, and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, and before you know it a winner is you.

Idk iif thats how it really works, idk if you can just shoot through walls, its just the feild of view...

I may be wrong, idk about any of this stuff, i just play the game
Thanks given by:
Well if you have a map like that... then yes yes you phucking suck.
Thanks given by:
ac_desert?

And yeah, taking a modified client into a public server is reason for blacklisting. Be sure to keep these modifications private!
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 11, 06:30AM)ImaCripple Wrote: This view is clearly advantageous. You could shoot at people in the well, and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, and before you know it a winner is you.

Exactly.
Once again a message to the AC devs: please fix this bug, thanks.
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 11, 08:21AM)V-Man Wrote: " taking a modified client into a public server is reason for blacklisting "
Dont worry V-Man, I may not be the smartest guy around, but Im not that stupid.

Huh, i never thought of using this to shoot through walls, but yeah, its possible... although, when you do this, your camera is inverted, so up is down (and vice versa) and left is right (and vice versa), so its really disorienting..... unless of course you set your mouse sensitivity to a negative number... and fix a couple of other small things...
However, even if you did fix those things.... its still incredibly difficult to play like that, its so disorienting
[Image: 20110225_222405_ac_depot_BDM.jpg]

Edit: In case you're wondering, that was a botmatch, and not on a server
Thanks given by:
I was actually kidding, are you sure this works?
Thanks given by:
lol, you can see where the angles produce nonsensical values on the screen.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it really works. Here, a gift. http://ompldr.org/vN2tncw/TDM_ac_desert_...1_13mr.dmo

Oh, and dont worry, when I made this demo, not only was the server password protected, but I added the -mlocalhost switch so it wouldn't register with the masterserver
Thanks given by:
This is odd.
Thanks given by:
lawl you look like you are drunk. That would be a good hack... if the other person didn't have to be standing perfectly still for you to be able to hit them.
Thanks given by: