Making a montage...any advice?
hey
so i am planning on making a montage.

i will start by recording demos from AC using FRAPS and editing them using Windows Movie Maker (to be decided)

BTW, i am using windows 7 and the video editing program that comes with it sucks my teabags, so i am gonna (hopefully) download the original movie maker to make things easier. which brings me onto another thing i was going to ask...

in movie maker can you zoom in on a video clip?
because i use the sniper and alot of the clips are far away so you cant really see the chunks fly when i get a headshot.

i dont know what music to have yet either so any suggestions would be good (remember that YouTube HATE copyright infringement)
any other advise is welcome.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 04:07PM)MykeGregory Wrote: -snip
because i use the sniper and alot of the clips are far away so you cant really see the chunks fly when i get a headshot.
-snip

/gib 1
/gibspeed 100
/gibnum 16

...can't miss it. :P

Thanks given by:
/gibnum 32
Thanks given by:
/gibnum 300
Include only gibs in the montage
/thread
Thanks given by:
gibnum 300?!!
i'll turn it up to 20, hows that?

but really, a zoom would function would be nice? can windows Movie maker do that?
Thanks given by:
Makes it all pixelly, but yeah I bet it can.
Thanks given by:
Tell me how it works out ;)
Thanks given by:
"any advice?"

-don't.

/gibnubs (1)
Thanks given by:
but also on fraps.. dosn't it show like www.fraps.com? or is that only in the ...FREE... -.- version?
Thanks given by:
when i complete this montage i will be posting a new thread with the link.

how do FRAPS recordings cope on YouTube? do they pixelate at all or are they fine?
also, i'v got all the raw footage recorded so all i need to do is edit them.
Thanks given by:
Don't use any music. If you must, use a subtle beat in the background not some screamo shit or heavy metal. The game sounds should be heard over all music.

Don't bother with a cheesy "Blank Productions Presents", don't fade in from black in the intro, go easy on your transitions, and if you're going to include a "cool" single kill, it'd better be the best damn single the world has ever seen. Nobody wants to watch clip after clip of you running around ac_mines scoring 1 frag at a time.
Thanks given by:

its turning into a fail already...

even before i edit the clip in movie maker it become pixelated, jumpy and the audio is off.
so i tried doing it in the updated version...same thing happens.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 10:16PM)Mael Wrote: Don't use any music. If you must, use a subtle beat in the background not some screamo shit or heavy metal. The game sounds should be heard over all music.

Don't bother with a cheesy "Blank Productions Presents", don't fade in from black in the intro, go easy on your transitions, and if you're going to include a "cool" single kill, it'd better be the best damn single the world has ever seen. Nobody wants to watch clip after clip of you running around ac_mines scoring 1 frag at a time.

Hey since you seem to be up on the dos and don'ts of montage-making (I'm serious) would anyone care about a video of really cool/tricky/lucky gibs?
Thanks given by:
As long as they're actually cool/tricky/lucky then yes.
Thanks given by:
Make sure to include some 360 tomohawks and no scope collaterals
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 03:49AM)Viper Wrote: Make sure to include some 360 tomohawks and no scope collaterals

Yea, but maybe some 360 ballistic kills as well?
/sarcasm

Make sure to turn you HUD off. There was a script for it somewhere...
Maybe V-Man or RonRea can dig it up, they find useless links and facts everywhere.
Sometimes i think they need hobbies or a girlfriend...
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 07:06AM)DrauL Wrote: Make sure to turn you HUD off. There was a script for it somewhere...
Maybe V-Man or RonRea can dig it up, they find useless links and facts everywhere.
Sometimes i think they need hobbies or a girlfriend...
I resent this on many levels.
1) I have a hobby
2) I have a girlfriend
3) I am quite confortable with where I am in life
4) I know how to use the search function.
These all apply to V-Man as well, excluding the girlfriend (I would assume) he has a wife.

My toils/labors of 30 seconds: 1.1 Cleanshot updated by Bukz

For you DrauL
Thanks given by:
Looks like my work here is done.
\:D
Thanks given by:
Lawl, im just joking mannn :D
Dont get all mad :)
Thanks given by:
No public match demos should be included in your montage
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 10:32AM)Vermi Wrote: No public match demos should be included in your montage
...oops!

bit too late for that i'm afraid.
Anyway. i downloaded movie maker and started putting clips together.
i was going to save a test movie and put it on youtube for you all but guess what? IT WONT SAVE AS A MOVIE!

can anyone recomend a FREE program to use that wont pixelate my footage also?
Thanks given by:
Since you were using Fraps, I take it that you use Windows, yes? If so, with WMM it should work. If you did it already in WMM and it didn't work, then you're doing something wrong when saving/exporting at the end.
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 01:37PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Since you were using Fraps, I take it that you use Windows, yes? If so, with WMM it should work. If you did it already in WMM and it didn't work, then you're doing something wrong when saving/exporting at the end.

i know i am probably doing something wrong with the saving bit. but its more the video quality i'm concerned about. i want this montage to look decent enough to put on youtube.

EDIT: i have used windows LIVE movie maker. the play quality is better but i cant get the effects i was wanting.
have a look at one of the clips i will be using...

Thanks given by:
How long is the video?
Depending on compression, it'll have to be a little pixelly in order to be small enough to fit on Youtube.
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 03:07PM)V-Man Wrote: How long is the video?
Depending on compression, it'll have to be a little pixelly in order to be small enough to fit on Youtube.

its just over 3 minutes... not the longest.
i'm uploading a test version now.
no effects and no music. i'll post a new thread.
EDIT: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2382-lastpost.html

Thanks given by: