Mapping server
Hello Guys,

I have been trying for the last 2 hour trying to get a mapping server up and running so that I can coop with an Aussie server.

I have been unsuccessful in getting this set-up.

I have the switch -Pe on it.
I have placed a blank map on the server and in my own maps to try and load it.

I have checked to make sure I can vote for other maps.

I have even tried to just load a custom map into coop mode but that doesn't seem to work.

I get the error coop is not allowed, I have double checked and triple checked my .sh file that -Pe is in the command line and also on the maprot allows you to vote other maps.
I have ensured my server command lines file doesn't have an alternate -P switches.

can anyone tell me what else I might be doing wrong or if you need any more information please let me know and I'll check it out and provide it.

the blank map is just a /newmap 7
Thanks given by:
You say you've put -Pe in the .sh file. Is it possible that you're loading an alternative configuration, via the -Cconfig/servercmdline.txt switch, too? If you have -PE in servercmdline.txt, I guess it would overwrite anything in the .sh launcher.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 11, 11:11AM)jamz Wrote: You say you've put -Pe in the .sh file. Is it possible that you're loading an alternative configuration, via the -Cconfig/servercmdline.txt switch, too? If you have -PE in servercmdline.txt, I guess it would overwrite anything in the .sh launcher.

I tried both with admin and without admin.

and in the servercmdline.cfg file I have not set the -P i have set it in the individual .sh files
Thanks given by:
...but are you using -C in the .sh at all? -PE is the default, so as soon as you put -Cconfig/servercmdline.txt in the .sh, you will have -PE.
Thanks given by:
jamz if you have seen how pwnage sets his servers up thats how I have set mine up.

there is the main server.sh file in the directory.

Then I have my seperate server .sh files pointing to the server.sh file.

in this .sh file which I have called robotics.sh I have setup -Pe and a all of the other switches have been advised in there.
The server.sh has -C which was a link to the central servercmdline.txt file which has the common command switches.

in here there is no -P at all it is all in the robotics.sh or the other server_files.sh files

However to see if this was the issue I created a seperate servercmdline.txt file to test this.

I placed in here the -Pe switch launched the server while its pointing to this new servercmdline.txt

how ever when I launch the server, I connect I try to load a newmap into coop I try to load a already custom map that is already on the server into coop (tried a few different ones) it still comes up with coop mode is an invalid vote.

Could it be anything else?
Thanks given by:
It looks like the only thing to try now is do it entirely without servercmdline.txt. I read through and it didn't sound like you tried that yet, but I could be wrong.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, you're absolutely right, I hadn't read properly what you typed and I'm an idiot. The error message you're seeing is nothing to do with admin/normal user rights.
Is the map you're trying to edit in servermaps? AFAIK you can't co-op edit maps that are present in this folder, only if they're in servermaps/incoming.
Thanks given by:
offline:
/newmap 7
/savemap coop

online:
/sendmap coop
/coop coop

Does that work?
Thanks given by:
Okay I will try this once I am back at my computer,
And it could be that, I didn't put it in the incoming folder its sitting in the servermaps folder.

EDIT: Dam phone auto correction
I just asked my brother to connect to my server and try a few commands from what I could see (because he didn't know how to move the skype view screen) it worked.

So placing the map in the incoming folder worked,
Yay I don't have to have extra files just for another server.

I'll fully test it when I get home.

Thank You everyone for helping.
Thanks given by:
Have fun
Thanks given by: