ac_urban spawn points
after playing ac_urban for a while ive been wondering, why does the rsvf spawn in that tiny room that just results in 2 people getting in there with shotguns and you dieing repeatedly before you can even do anything, why not make them spawn just outside of that room or on the bridge too to make people stop spawn camping
Thanks given by:
some one raised the idea of 'dynamic' spawning. this is used in halo.
it is where you can spawn all over the map as long as there is no-one near you.
you also raise a good point.
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 11, 08:55PM)MykeGregory Wrote: it is where you can spawn all over the map as long as there is no-one near you.

I would swear some maps do this already. There have been times I have spawned behind walls and in the strangest, inescapable places.
Thanks given by:
oh, I would like to see this fixed on ac_urban:

[Image: 20110212201035acurbantd.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 11, 09:15PM)Robtics Wrote: oh, I would like to see this fixed on ac_urban:
[Image: 20110212201035acurbantd.jpg]

Hahah! epic spawn fail.
is that a spawn or a camping spot?

Thanks given by:
dynamic spawning sounds like a good idea, except i think that the two teams should still spawn on separate sides of the map.
Thanks given by:
thats a camping spot. you're nearly invisible if you crouch, I think only a knee and a part of the weapon is visible ;)
Thanks given by:
Gime a smile if you went to ac_urban to try it out.
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 11, 09:51PM)titiPT Wrote: Gime a smile if you went to ac_urban to try it out.
:D

that has to be sorted! clip it for 1.1.0.5.
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 11, 09:51PM)titiPT Wrote: Gime a smile if you went to ac_urban to try it out.

:)

Thanks given by:
thanks for the new spot <3
Thanks given by:
Thanks for letting me know where to blindly lob nades.
And I thought the current game code makes the spawn points "nearly" dynamic; that is, there are set spawn points, but if someone is on a proposed spawn point, the engine randomly selects a different one. Thus, all ac_urban would need are more spawn points. :D
Thanks given by:
Exactly. The difference to games like Halo is that those have spawn points all over the map, while in AC maps they're typically concentrated in "bases".
Thanks given by:
:]

And yes.. it would be nice if these could be fixed.
Thanks given by:
At least the comments (in the code) suggest random spawn points.
Thanks given by: