Same maps same game types
Hey all,
I have noticed that servers always host the same few maps and game types over and over, and idk about all the others but to me its starting to get really boring.
So here it is:
TOSOK is either played on: ac_douze or ac_desert, i have never seen a server host a TOSOK game on a different map.
CTF is usally on different maps
the knife only game type is also usually played only on ac_desert
i see only few TDM games out there and if they exist they vary in maps.
CTF also usually has a variety of maps.
So what is it with people always voting for the same maps and same game types? I have started so many votes with different maps like ac_arctic or other ones but the always fail.
any one know why?
also when somebody hosts a game with a non default map i cant join, it says: can't read (nameofthepackage)
can't download (nameofthepackage)
it doesnt work either if i type /getmap
Any ideas?
Thanks
Dan
Thanks given by:
Go to a different server. eQ.|Public has a diverse map rotation.

As do TyD servers and Yourmum'shouse.

A few others I'm forgetting to mention
Thanks given by:
Eh, You're forgetting, the "Future" Server
Thanks given by:
It's very frustrating indeed. Especially the people that seem to seriously enjoy matches with 15+ people on maps not meant for that sort of player load (currently ac_douze seems to be a great favourite here).

My suggestion is to find an empty server - there are usually only a handful filled out of 150-200 registered servers, so there should be no trouble finding one even with an acceptable ping - just start your game there, people will join; there are enough people I've talked to who find this situation as deplorable as we do.
Another idea is to join an IRC-channel to find people and agree beforehand on what kind of match you'd all enjoy playing.
Thanks given by:
dust2 with 30 people. Now that's a real man's game. 14 is for the faint of heart. Too afraid of a stray bullet? Eat Wheaties. Too afraid of congestion? Throw a grenade. TKs make you a better man / slayhoe ::cough:: Princess ::cough:: A lot of people play the maps they like. It's not their fault they happen to have crappy spawns and 'gina for cover spots.

I am totally in favor of better quality maps. Viva la CTF SHINE!! Damn BME teamswitchers! xD.

Different servers offer different quality. Pick one and go. Don't whine because most of the people playing at whatever time you're on happen to like mind-numbingly retarded can't touch Riverside worth a damn maps.

It's not their problem they haven't seen true awesomeness from the official map list. Riverside. Riverside. RiVeRsIdE. RIVERSIDE!!

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Thanks given by:
I think MK wants ac_riverside to be official
Thanks given by:
Where might one find Riverside?

also...
MK STOP POSTING DRUNK OK
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 11, 11:24PM)danthegamer Wrote: So what is it with people always voting for the same maps and same game types? I have started so many votes with different maps like ac_arctic or other ones but the always fail.
any one know why?

Because some people only like Douze D:

* Orynge wants PF to be played more D:
Thanks given by:
well you are right in part especially about get really boring, but as they mentioned there are several servers with custom maps and game modes too, what happens is that most of AC players prefer to play on maps they known, I don’t know how you play but I play AC in two ways, one a in a competitive way and for that I go to the {TyD} servers and I just want to play CTF & HTF and with no more than 12 maps, and other in a noob way and for that I go to my clan servers or another server with custom maps and I play like a noob and camper in those server just for relax, depends how I feel that day cause I use the online games to destress and sometimes to get out all that anger that I have (you know from real life) and kick some butts online xd
Thanks given by: