FPS affects your hit reg?
I'm just wondering... Does your FPS affect the hit registration?

I say this because a lot of my hits register whenever I'm on a PC, with a stable 200 FPS. Compared to the laptop I normally play on, which has a stable FPS of 60.

When I'm on the PC, I can hear a succession of at least over 3 hitsounds in a very short moment of time, when I'm aiming at an opponent's chest at medium to short range. Compared with the laptop however, with lower FPS, I only hear 1-2 hitsounds. (Which is why I normally use the SMG because of its higher rate of fire :P)

Yes, I have hitsound on so I can tell whether or not the bullets I shot hit.

If it's not the FPS affecting my hit registration, then what is it? My level of play (e.g. aiming) is virtually the same when I'm on the laptop.
Thanks given by:
yeah, sometimes when my fps is good i play well
Thanks given by:
i allways play on laptop.

and when it decides to have FPS spikes on me i have rubbish games.
Thanks given by:
Yesh, it does.
high ping also affects my hit reg
Thanks given by:
yeah, I agree with Hav0c
Thanks given by:
I did some tests with bots and I didn't notice a difference between 200fps and 60fps w/ vsync (except for the mouse lag when vsync was on). So it must be lag.
Thanks given by:
Since other sounds have been mentioned to be dropped - might it not just be that?
fps only affects player physics, and there's been some work done to reduce this compared to original Cube-1. This means jumping and such. Hits scored locally when either you, your opponent or (IPU forbid) the server is lagging might be dropped by anticheat - but as long as your fps are over 30 you shouldn't play any differently (just more easy on your eyes) than with 200.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, lag huh? Quite possibly yes.

I still think that FPS has a somewhat small factor in affecting hit registration.

And oh, I facepalmed when I forgot to take lag into account. So it's probably a mix between lag and FPS. On the PC, I don't use wifi, it's connected via cable directly to the modem, gives me a very stable connection, and I have at least 10 less ping on servers. e.g. On the PC, I can get 50ms to ausD servers hosted in Australia, and 60ms when I'm on the laptop.

Oh and btw...what exactly is vsync? I'm almost certain someone (Gibstick) is going to tell me to read the docs. lol
Thanks given by:
Vsync is when the computer renders at the same rate as the monitors refresh rate. E.g if your monitor renders at 60hz(60 refreshes per second) then the game will also render at 60fps. I hope that is accurate/correct :P This is just to my understanding
Thanks given by:
Yes, castiel gains 1 internets.
Thanks given by:
When i play with highly fluctuating fps i play badly
Thanks given by:
(14 Feb 11, 07:06AM)Vermi Wrote: yeah, sometimes when my fps is good i play well

(15 Feb 11, 10:00AM)Vermi Wrote: When i play with highly fluctuating fps i play badly

Looks like you posted one of them drunk.

Thanks given by:
Although AC is "playable" with lag, it's still going to affect the game, usually hit registration.
Thanks given by:
if you have a monitor 29' WD and a GPU with 700FPS, obviously you play/shoot better.
but not by changing her hit reg... think...
Thanks given by:
my first thought when i read this was that you might have lowered the 'sounds played at once' on your laptop, which might result in not hearing some of the hit noises when you are hitting very rapidly (smg), right?
Thanks given by:
(15 Feb 11, 01:40PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(14 Feb 11, 07:06AM)Vermi Wrote: yeah, sometimes when my fps is good i play well

(15 Feb 11, 10:00AM)Vermi Wrote: When i play with highly fluctuating fps i play badly

Looks like you posted one of them drunk.

NO, my pc does weird crap, sometimes i get 300 and sometimes i get 90 in the same spots on maps
Thanks given by:
Before it was fixed, you used to shoot slower with a lower FPS :P
Man i hated that!
Thanks given by:
castiel Wrote:Vsync is when the computer renders at the same rate as the monitors refresh rate. E.g if your monitor renders at 60hz(60 refreshes per second) then the game will also render at 60fps. I hope that is accurate/correct :P This is just to my understanding
The computer tries to render at the same rate. For some reason, mine does this asymptotically (never quite hits 60 fps).
Thanks given by:

I believe that FPS and player performance have a correlation. I think this because "my results" vary accordingly. Maybe some hits are not being counted? I doubt it has to do with the graphics being displayed, but maybe a high FPS means different results on hit or miss shots.
Thanks given by: