download limit?
hey, so my girlfriend's brother just got internet, would really like to play AC online at hers now, but he said (i think) he has a download limit of 50Mb. (mabey i'm wrong, seems low)

does playing AssaultCube download anything, or 'use up internet'?
would really like a cheeky game now and then and continue my teabagging reign of terror.
Thanks given by:
He is talking about bandwith, so yes. How much, I do not know.
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 11, 09:46PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: He is talking about bandwith, so yes. How much, I do not know.

eerrr, not sure i'm afraid.
anyway i can find out on my laptop?

Thanks given by:
If he has 50 mb bandwidth limit for a month, then wouldn't recommend playing any ac or other sorts of games.

I use that up just browsing the net each month :). If he wants to play gamze
Tell him to upgrade. Also, if he has 1mbps (lol) connection, I'd stick to web surfing only
;).

You could turn off the internet or unplug the modem and play va boys though.
Thanks given by:
its only me that plays games.
i mostly play offline stuff like UT.
i thought this game was good for low level internet...hmmm.

it cant be that (50Mb) cos me, my girl and her brother have been browsing all week. lol. and it hasnt ran out.
Thanks given by:
The AC package itself is almost 50MB. Although AC isn't bandwidth intensive, 50MB of bandwidth allowance is not a lot. Don't play. However, he probably has a limit of 50GB. Tell him to doublecheck.
Thanks given by:
oh yeah, it will be gigs and megs.
BTW, i'm not planning on DOWNLOADING it, just PLAYING it.
Thanks given by:
Playing AC or any online games will get you way beyond the limit.
Get a new Internet connection with no limits.
Thanks given by:
Although seriously outdated - and seen from the view of the server - Server Bandwidth in 1.0.4 can give you some inkling of potential bandwidth-usage. My suggestion would be to first double-check the limit actually applying to the contract and then to simply open up either the network-usage-monitor from TaskManager (assuming Windows or Ubuntu, probably Mac OS too) or use the one provided by your router (if it provides it). Take a note of the packets received/sent before playing a match, play a match, look at the new values .. then you'll be able to estimate your average usage depending on time played per unit and unit-length. Like say, for instance, time-played-per-day and average over a month.
Thanks given by:
you could play a match and use about 3MB, i used to monitor my usage alot
Thanks given by:
thanks Vermi.
but i think i'll leave it for when i'm at home. i am likely to get carried away...
Thanks given by:
what about bandwidth monitor you can try use ProteMac Meter.It;s really nice prog)
Thanks given by:
I doubt the girl will be yours for long if you go there for playing AC. Play with that girl, damnit! ;)
Thanks given by:
And teach her to use sniper!!
Thanks given by: