Server Command to kick when over set ping
Hello, I find a lot of people slowing down my server cause of there pings..I would like to know if there is a script that sets a kick level of ping like 400 or something..And when someone goes over that, they will be warned, or kicked?
Thanks given by:
i know some servers does that and i also believe you have to modify your server file and then recompile (or complie)
Thanks given by:
What's with this ping-"facism" - and a value like 400, you gotta be kidding me - ping is simply not as important a factor in AC as it is in other fps'es. Of course, you still notice it - but it will definitely not "slow down the server", or only if the person is downloading a demo, in which case you could only allow that during intermission, to stop it interfering with matches.

If someone finds a server that kicks due to ping - tell us - we will ban it from the masterserver.
Thanks given by:
*Calls vote Kick flowtron Reason: "Lagger"*
Thanks given by:
that's different - calling a vote is a human thing, but discriminating against (potentially just temporarily) high ping by the server itself .. that's not acceptable IMO.
Thanks given by:
But what if the server kicks players with a ping of 600 or above that lasts 5-10 seconds? Is that still allowed? Cause the only reason a player would be in that situation would be a severe cause of internet issues.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 08:58PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: But what if the server kicks players with a ping of 600 or above that lasts 5-10 seconds? Is that still allowed? Cause the only reason a player would be in that situation would be a severe cause of internet issues.

i think there should be an option for cases like this, if someone is in red ping for more a certain amount of time, lets say 15-30 secs, he should be kicked, but as being kick have a message show up saying, 'kicked to due high ping please fix ping, then can come back' something like that.

its not so much for the people that think it slows their servers down, but during games either you are trying to shoot this person that is skipping all around the map, or he can score a flag without you ever being able to see him, due to lag. I know its pub games but it does become irritating at times and then you get people voting over and over again to kick this lagger, but the vote never goes through. instead of voting to kick a lagger many times, we could be voting to kick a spammer, or someone that is not being nice, etc.
Thanks given by:
I actually experienced some serious lagging issues in a pub match yesterday - and got reminded of this thread, so I started a couple of votes to kick the people I saw lagging around the time the whole server got whacky .. but TBH - although it did appear to help at first the problem reoccured way too often as that one person could've been responsible. I highly suspect now, that the cause was more to be found on the server and that the measured pings were simply showing up high (and even red) for those that did have the worst (not to say bad per-se, just the worst of those connected) values. So what I'm saying is that one should really be sure the machine running the server isn't at fault, because really - a lagging player wouldn't usually have any influence on your game, much less the entire server.
Thanks given by: