Confusing Server Creation Help Please?
So... i tried creating a server and followed a tutorial: i.e.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4AUxzIje...re=related

and some other else. But then, with the new version, the steps became different, like this,
http://i51.tinypic.com/14w4nl4.jpg

I am confused. I might've been doing something wrong. Help please? =]
Thanks given by:
Because it cant write the bat file, im assuming your not the computer admin, and that you dont have write permissions.
If you are the admin of the comp, right click the folder properties and make sure you DO have write permissions.
Thanks given by:
I'm assuming that you are referring to the following error message:
Writing your configuration to server_autoconfigured.bat ... Failed!
Are you running the batch file as administrator? If not, doing so will solve that problem. It's recommended to do this and other server related actions as an administrator.

EDIT: LOL I've been ninja-ed.
Thanks given by:
Ownt, efter. Ownt.
Thanks given by:
I Have tried to start a new server but it connects to localhost.
Server description: \f1{LyD}clan
Message of the day: Welcome
Maximum clients (No more than 20 allowed!): 16
Administrator password: admin
Server port: 10000

Private server settings:
------------------------
Public server (Yes/No)?: no
Player password:

Additional server switches:
win service name:

Writing your configuration to server_autoconfigured.bat ... Done

Note: You can start server_autoconfigured.bat directly the next time you want to
use the same configuration to start the server.

Please press ENTER now to start your server...

Starting the AC server ...
logging started: console(INFO), file(INFO, "serverlog_20110205_20.21.59_local#10
000.txt"), syslog(DISABLED), timestamp(DISABLED)
logging local AssaultCube server (version 1104, protocol 1132/104) now..
read 58 map rotation entries from 'config\maprot.cfg'
read 0 admin passwords from 'config\serverpwd.cfg'
read 1000 (1024) blacklist entries from 'config\serverblacklist.cfg', 0 errors
read 112 + 200 entries from nickname blacklist file 'config\nicknameblacklist.cfg',
0 errors
dedicated server started, waiting for clients...
Ctrl-C to exit
looking up localhost...
masterserver registration succeded
And a server i created before was registring to MS.
logging local AssaultCube server (version 1104, protocol 1132/104) now..
read 58 map rotation entries from 'config\maprot.cfg'
read 0 admin passwords from 'config\serverpwd.cfg'
read 1 (1) blacklist entries from 'config\serverblacklist.cfg', 0 errors
read 7 + 5 entries from nickname blacklist file 'config\nicknameblacklist.cfg', 0 errors
dedicated server started, waiting for clients...
Ctrl-C to exit
looking up assault.cubers.net...
master server registration succeeded
Thanks given by:
Have you tried editing the .bat file with notepad and changing the settings to what you want, then using that one?
Thanks given by:
morkel, you need to go make your own thread.
Quote:14. Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.
Thanks given by:
Yes of course i changed the settings but its not registring at MS.
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 11, 04:01PM)eftertanke Wrote: morkel, you need to go make your own thread.
Quote:14. Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.
Pff, those rules have been broken millions of times. Screw it

@Morkal, have you forwarded the port? (using a different port?)
Thanks given by:
«Screw it»?

Dont think so.

@ morkel
Make your own thread with your problem.

This thread is about the problem arisa03 has.
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 11, 03:43PM)DrauL Wrote: Because it cant write the bat file, im assuming your not the computer admin, and that you dont have write permissions.
If you are the admin of the comp, right click the folder properties and make sure you DO have write permissions.

(05 Feb 11, 03:44PM)eftertanke Wrote: I'm assuming that you are referring to the following error message:
Writing your configuration to server_autoconfigured.bat ... Failed!
Are you running the batch file as administrator? If not, doing so will solve that problem. It's recommended to do this and other server related actions as an administrator.

EDIT: LOL I've been ninja-ed.

Well... here's one error I'd like to ask as well. My port could not be forwarded. I've used 10000, 28764 and 28763, but they are all the same errors in portchecker. But then, I still tried creating a server, and then I'm getting this error:
http://i51.tinypic.com/oihqfo.jpg

Would it be possibly be internet connection or whatnot? I am sorry for being such a newb. m(_ _)m. But I've done all the other steps such as creating a static ip and editing my modem settings. But I'm not quite sure something there,

it said pick a random game, and follow instructions. Should I follow the ports to be connected to in those games? or should I put the ports for the masterservers?
Thanks given by:
Odd. Would you paste your server_autoconfigured.bat?
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 02:31AM)eftertanke Wrote: Odd. Would you paste your server_autoconfigured.bat?

Yes, Sir. Here it is:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2cmn29h.jpg
Thanks given by:
No, I meant the text file.
Thanks given by:
Remove this line.
-mlocalhost
Look at the server switches, 3rd line of text. That is the reason. Its not broken in anyway. Read the docs
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 03:47AM)eftertanke Wrote: No, I meant the text file.

Here it is:
bin_win32\ac_server.exe -nNanofate -oIrrasshai! -c12 -xnanaseven -f28764 -mlocalhost
pause

(06 Feb 11, 03:54AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Remove this line.
-mlocalhost
Look at the server switches, 3rd line of text. That is the reason. Its not broken in anyway. Read the docs

I have tried reading it, but it confused me to no ends. I will try to read it again. Thank you. If I remove it, what should I replace it with?

Thanks given by:
Nothing. If it is confusing, you shouldn't be making a server.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 04:23AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Nothing. If it is confusing, you shouldn't be making a server.

It is confusing because I'm new at it. That's why people are here to help people who finds it confusing and is new at it right? You're making it sound like only pros can make a server and newbies can't.
Thanks given by:
Yeah Ron, stop being so harsh. Just help 'em out.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 04:23AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Nothing. If it is confusing, you shouldn't be making a server.

Agreed.

(06 Feb 11, 04:40AM)arisa03 Wrote: You're making it sound like only pros can make a server and newbies can't.

There are already MANY servers available. So there are few reasons to make a new one yourself. If you are doing this because you want to learn, then you are asking the wrong questions. As in, questions that have been answered before and could be found with a simple search.

(06 Feb 11, 04:48AM)DrauL Wrote: Yeah Ron, stop being so harsh. Just help 'em out.

See above.
Thanks given by:
I am creating a server, because I wanted to play with my friends, and part of that is learning, I guess. Unless, you guys have empty servers or sommat. OTL.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 05:17AM)arisa03 Wrote: I am creating a server, because I wanted to play with my friends, and part of that is learning, I guess. Unless, you guys have empty servers or sommat. OTL.

I just checked. There are currently over one hundred empty servers. Knock yourself out.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 05:37AM)eftertanke Wrote:
(06 Feb 11, 05:17AM)arisa03 Wrote: I am creating a server, because I wanted to play with my friends, and part of that is learning, I guess. Unless, you guys have empty servers or sommat. OTL.

I just checked. There are currently over one hundred empty servers. Knock yourself out.

Alright, Thank you sir. m(_ _)m
Thanks given by:
arisa03, as some says, just remove the «-mlocalhost» line.
-mlocalhost makes your server local only.
Just add // in front of the line or delete it.

Why cant you ppl just help him?
No need to insult or make fun of him.

We all started out as newbies and had to learn.

Shit, im still learning.

«Im a noob and loving' it»
© DES|OpenSource
Thanks given by:
I also see you've set port 28764. That means you'll have to forward port 28764 and 28765. Port checkers don't usually check UDP.
Thanks given by:
(06 Feb 11, 06:56AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: arisa03, as some says, just remove the «-mlocalhost» line.
-mlocalhost makes your server local only.
Just add // in front of the line or delete it.

Why cant you ppl just help him?
No need to insult or make fun of him.

We all started out as newbies and had to learn.

Shit, im still learning.

«Im a noob and loving' it»
© DES|OpenSource

I've done it, but nothing is happening. I must've done something wrong with the portforwarding. Thank you Sir. I shall try again.

(07 Feb 11, 12:08AM)Gibstick Wrote: I also see you've set port 28764. That means you'll have to forward port 28764 and 28765. Port checkers don't usually check UDP.

Alright, I shall try that sir. Thank You.
Thanks given by:
A computer has approx.65,531 ways to connect called ports.So you can use any digit from 0-65531.you have to forward two ports eg.28764-28765 and it should be UDP.
Thanks given by:
Higher numbers as I recall have a better chance of working. Such like port 80 is used for webserving, ~ port 22 is FTP, port 6667 is IRC (although its not something you need to worry about).
I dont know the magic number to stay above, but dont go under it ;)
Thanks given by:
>=1024 Ronald_Reagan - ports below that are considered to be "well-known" (read: admin-only) - on *nix you need to be superuser/root to allow binding them. Just read up on it at the wikipedia.org:TCP/UDP ports.
Thanks given by: