[renamed] Feature Request
Ive got ideas of 2 new enteties:

1. Tele entety (Lets you teleport to the linking tele...)
2. Dmg entety (Damages the player a specified amount of health every second while inside... Good for making the player able to fall outside the level...)
Other ideas and improvements? Post em here!
Thanks given by:
ooOOoo! nice ideas. errmm...

how about a death point. similar to your Dmg entity but once you pass it you die instantly.
again, could eliminate outside leveling. lol. it could also provide some humerous gemma maps.
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 11, 08:07PM)MykeGregory Wrote: how about a death point. similar to your Dmg entity but once you pass it you die instantly.
again, could eliminate outside leveling. lol. it could also provide some humerous gemma maps.

I believe they have something similar to that in Sauer, but yeah... that would be awesome!
Thanks given by:
You would have to take into consideration the simplicity and style of this game, and try to imagine a teleporter and a damage room here to actually realize that that all belong in Sauer...
Thanks given by:
Death clips aren't a good idea for AC. They don't really work with the pseudo-realistic feel. You can't fall off AC maps, just like you can't fall off the world.
Also on the realistic side, teleporters are just too Cube/Sauerbraten .
I do however like the idea of damage clips for making dangerous entities (band saws, lawnmowers etc)
That would be nice.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I agree with death clips not being a good idea for AC.

And death entities would be AWESOME!

F1 for death entities! :D
Thanks given by:
A "death entity" has been suggested years ago. I don't really remember what the arguments were for being against it, but it may add an interesting element to gameplay. However, I don't have much of an opinion on it. If it's ever implemented, I hope they won't be spammed on maps, and be used very, very, very sparingly.

We're doing fine right now without "death entities" or "damage entities".

Cube did have a teleportation entity, and that was taken out.

Of course, none of these really hurt gameplay in AC any way. But do we really need it? That's my only question.

Thanks given by:
This has absolutely nothing to do with the editor or even improving it. This is a feature request. Thread renamed accordingly.

On the matter, both features are less likely to be ever implemented into AC as they do not correlate with the intended style of gameplay.

You may like to have a look at Sauerbraten (Cube Engine 2), which has both features afaik.
Thanks given by: