Sound issue
Hey guys,

I have a problem with my sounds...

I've replaced the "grenade_bounce1" and 2 and the explosion sound with .wav ones with the same name. Everything should work just like before but now there comes this in the console
Quote:failed to load sample weapon/grenade_exp
failed to ...
Can someone help me?

TIA,
a_slow_old_man
Thanks given by:
OMG Slow is have problems moding , WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE
Thanks given by:
What exactly does "same name" mean here? Including the extension? 'Cause the original ones are .ogg
Thanks given by:
Yeah, try converting them to .ogg i guess. Audacity is pretty good for that kinda stuff.
though i currently have a mod that uses .wav instead of .ogg, so i don't know.
EDIT: just checked, it is your mosin nagant mod. now i'm really confused.
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 11, 04:52PM)SuperSniper Wrote: OMG Slow is have problems moding , WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE

AAHHHHHHoooohh oh, i think its ok!

Thanks given by:
Yeah that usually happens to me when i change the type of file it is D:
Thanks given by:
First off, it's really nice to see how any thread turns into off-topic-blubbering before even a single serious reply was made...

on topic:

I'm really only guessing, but as it says "failing to load" and not "missing file" or something like that, it seems like AC scans the sound files for whatever attributes beforehand. Maybe the files are too huge or something. Again, just a guess.
Thanks given by:
Check the sample rate. It might be too high/low? Or it could be the bitrate.

I suggest you check the bitrate and sample rate of the original sound files and compare it with the new ones to see if there's a difference. I'm just guessing too. Good luck.
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot guys it rly was the wav - ogg thing.

Hmmm..... gotta get used to 1.1 ^^

Strange thing my old wav's still work..
Thanks given by:
Do your old wavs work in 1.1 or do your wavs work in 1.0.4? If it's the former, then you might have done something different with your new wavs.
Thanks given by:
My old wavs I made back in 1.0.4 are working in 1.1 (some flaws, like mp40 you wont hear the shot sound when you keep firing all the time)
But now the new ones wont... but now it doesnt matter anymore, forgot about audacity xD
Thanks given by:
Yes that MP40 thing is anoying :P
Thanks given by: