Computer Setups/Stats/games/how?
2002 HP pavilion laptop with integrated intel graphics, a broken monitor, broken disc drives, a custom built cooler using a targus cooling platform (51c when running AC ;p), and various plastic pieces and screws in a solo cup from me taking it apart so much. Crappy ole 85hz monitor someone left in one of our rental house's (it's starting to flicker :( ). A 'custom' desk for maximum comfort ;p.
Logitech g9x. (5700 dpi)
Gaming mousepad (low-friction)
"tweaked" ppa (graphics) drivers. :)
"tweaked" settings for max fps (app 75) and packet transfer (29mbps).
over-clocked usb polling (1000)
custom local proxy built via 'polipo' (to reduce latency)
All of my visible textures have been reduced to half-size.
I am partial to high quality sound though, so Bose headphones.

Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 07:37PM)Hellspell Wrote:
(02 May 11, 10:37AM)castiel Wrote:
(02 May 11, 10:10AM)Hellspell Wrote: a medion laptop with intel atom and half the keys missing. 'nuff said.

How do you play AC on that? What fps do you get?

I've got a usb keyboard for it, and I usually get 30-40 fps, my max is 60 and i recall getting as low as 2 before
btw nice computer and stuff but i think we can agree which of ours is best

I was curious cause I got a netbook i'd play on, but AC has always been too slow to run on it :(
Thanks given by:
Netbook = integrated video card? What brand, how much memory?
Thanks given by:
o.0 **cracking knuckles** 0.o

time to get serus. .... leh get serus.

yea, post your specs dude......., I can run AC on a wristwatch.
Thanks given by:
Manufacturer: OTC (Was built for a Co.)
Processor: Pentium D from 2005-2007ish, 3.2 GHz dual core
Memory: 2048MB DDR2 I forget how fast
Hard Drive: Partitioned 160GB
Video Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
Monitor: Acer 20"
Sound Card: On-board
Speakers/Headphones: Labtec. No, I don't know either.
Keyboard: Logitech V-SZ49 Internet Pro Keyboard
Mouse: HP thing I got at Fry's for $12
Mouse Surface: Random mousepad
Operating System: Windows XP/Mint 10/Broken Ubuntu 11.04
Motherboard: Intel D945GTP
Computer Case: OTC case
Thanks given by:
Just won an auction for a 1U rackmount server on eBay :D 2x2.6Ghz Xeon, 4GB DDR RAM, no HDD.

I wanted a small rackmountable computer for recording audio and stuff (1U or 2U), and this was too cheap to resist. I figured a server was a better option than a rackmount case, because they're designed to be able to run in cramped conditions for long hours without overheating (although I won't be running mine that much, maybe 2-3 hours at a time). A lot of the time they worked out cheaper as well, although most of them around the same price I got this one for were 2.4Ghz P4s with 1GB RAM.

£32 including postage. I'll upload some pics when I get it :)
Thanks given by:
Lol, that's probably less than the RAM would cost alone.

(02 Jun 11, 05:47PM)StRaTo Wrote: they're designed to be able to run in cramped conditions for long hours without overheating
Careful there. Only if they get lots of cool air.
Thanks given by:

(02 Jun 11, 06:00PM)tempest Wrote: Lol, that's probably less than the RAM would cost alone.

True. I don't think it's ECC Registered RAM though, so it's not like the RAM's worth £300 :P

(02 Jun 11, 06:00PM)tempest Wrote:
(02 Jun 11, 05:47PM)StRaTo Wrote: they're designed to be able to run in cramped conditions for long hours without overheating
Careful there. Only if they get lots of cool air.

As I said, I'm not going to be running it for that long, and I'm not exactly in a warm country, but thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it in a cool place, and not in some stuffy cupboard.

EDIT: Goes 65 cm back. That's over 2 feet. I'm honestly surprised at how big it is. Runs pretty cool too, both cores at around 30 when I first turned it on and at about 50 after that (temperatures in degrees centigrade/celsius). I'll upload some pics later, if anyone wants them.
Thanks given by: