The script requests/brainstorming thread!
It's not an issue at all, aside from the akimbo website being down. And the thread for the tools.cfg file takes me to a strange website
Thanks given by:
oic

* Bukz hopes that V-Man doesn't mind:

What I think is the latest update of tools.cfg by V-Man:

http://pastebin.com/yYEVTQy6
Thanks given by:
Aaah, thank you for all your help Bukz :) One more thing, do I create a new text file with that, or what?
Thanks given by:
Edit: just noticed your question didn't have 'how', just 'do I'. the answer is yes.

[disregard]
Windows: right click in your config folder, mouse over new, click text document. open it up in notepad, paste in your code, save. Rename the file to have .cfg extension.
Also, don't forget to add it to your autoexec, ofc.

Mac: Idk, i don't have a mac, but they are supposedly "more" "user" "friendly".

Linux: god help you.
[/disregard]
Thanks given by:
Ahh yea, copy + paste it into a blank text file and save it as "tools.cfg", place the file in your /config/ folder, then put this line into your autoexec.cfg:

run tools

Edit: ninja'd D:
Thanks given by:
Bukz, found your script, but the download link it takes me to won't open up, is there something up with Akimbo?
Thanks given by:
Akimbo seems to be down for me, I think something is up with the host.
Thanks given by:
We need to set up a charity fund to get Akimbo back on its feet.
Or perhaps I spammed it too much.
Thanks given by:
Final Version of Gema Script

To use:
/gema (mapnamehere)
when you score your first flag it will say the seconds it took you to do that map.
In addition it will save the # of seconds for that map under (mapname)_g. To view a highscore, you must type
/echo (mapname)_g

Anyways, here's the script itself:

//gema script by sblargish
//thanks to bukz for helping saving of highscores
//thanks to v-man for the timer script below
delalias swst
alias stopwatch [
if (strcmp $arg1 "start") [alias swst (millis)] [
if (strcmp $arg1 "time") [if (checkalias swst) [echo (- (millis) $swst)] [stopwatch isn't running!]] [
  if (strcmp $arg1 "clear") [delalias swst] []]]]
//v-man's timer script above

add2conloop [if_conline_has "you scored" [seconds (- (millis) $swst)]]

alias ghiscore [
echo That is a new HIGH SCORE!]

alias gemascores [
  if (checkalias (concatword (curmap 1) _g)) [if (>= $arg1 (getalias (concatword (curmap 1) _g))) [alias (concatword (curmap 1) _g) $arg1 ; ghiscore]] [alias (concatword (curmap 1) _g) $arg1; ghiscore]
]

alias seconds [
blarg = (divf $arg1 1000)
scoresys $blarg]

alias scoresys [
echo You finished in $arg1 seconds on map $gmap
stopwatch score
stopwatch clear
gemascores]

alias gema [
stopwatch clear
ctf $arg1
gmap = $arg1
stopwatch start]
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 09:48PM)V-Man Wrote: We need to set up a charity fund to get Akimbo back on its feet.
Or perhaps I spammed it too much.

why exactly is it down? the page that comes up says that it could be because the bandwidth was exceeded, because they weren't paid, or some other reasons i forget. Who actually is in charge of running akimbo, because they should be able to shed some light on this.
Thanks given by:
I dunno. I wish the Akimbo proprietors were more available.
Thanks given by:
AC Bukz Player

Give the user the ability to play music while playing AC. Have all the features that any basic media player would have. The question is, can Bukz simplify the process of entering menuitems and the .ogg file for each song.

I'll help create the readme/ how to guide Bukz. I'm sure it will be extensive. :D

Thanks given by:
The latest version of Assault Your Ears does that... But of course it's on Akimbo.
Thanks given by:
I know I requested this on Akimbo, but I want a script that lets you zoom in with the sniper scope. Hopefully with the mouse wheel.

Also, flashlight? Not really possible as far as the weapon models go, but what about a light that follows you around in front of you? Not the most realistic looking thing in the world, but it would help with darker maps. Maybe add an image to superimpose on the screen? /

That whole acheivement thing sounds cool, where can I get that? Also, game modes. I know that's brought up a lot, but it would give variety.

[brainstorm]
I hate to compare AC to another game, but Cross Fire has sumfin called 'Mutation Mode', where all players are on the same team, but after about a minute, one of the players mutates into a (literal) monster with no guns, but 4000 health. The goal of the non-infected is to keep from being killed by the mutants, and not become infected themselves, joining the other team.
What if there was something like that, two teams, one outnumbered 2-to-1, and armed with only knives or pistols or something. The other team is armed with everything else. When the Mutant team kills a member of the Uninfected, that player spawns with the Mutants. This would coninue until either every player is mutated, all mutants are dead, or until the time runs out.
I know this probably isn't possible with scripts, but I figured I'd put it out there.
Simple weapon and team limitations would be a better idea, I think.
[/brainstorm]

[crap, brainstorm again]
Also, portals? When you walk into one area, you pop out in another.
Randomly, maybe?
[/crappy brainstorm]

So, yeah.

Thanks given by:
If you have tools.cfg installed, your mousewheel-zoom script is this:
add2bind MOUSE2 [domodifier z]
alias delta_game_z [-= zoomfov $arg1]
Thanks given by:
Teleporters are definitely doable, since they were in Cube. Though who would really want them in AC?
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 11, 12:48PM)Gibstick Wrote: Teleporters are definitely doable, since they were in Cube. Though who would really want them in AC?

Yes it's doable since I made it. Useless but fun :D Andrez had also designed the teleport entity : a telephone box :D
Thanks given by:
Hey, i've got an idea (if it's not already a script)

When I'm playing any one shot games, hitting the mousewheel isn't really natural for me, is there any way to hit, say, X, and you whip out the knife, attack, and immediately switch back to sniper in one action?
Thanks given by:
You can pull out the knife and attack possibly, but the auto-switch back is now impossible.

Try something like:

bind KEY [melee; attack]
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 11, 12:48PM)Gibstick Wrote: Teleporters are definitely doable, since they were in Cube. Though who would really want them in AC?
* V-Man raises hand enthusiastically
* Mael also raises his hand enthusiastically

@Mikey: basically you can only perform one keybind-dependent action per keypress; in Bukz' script, for example, one keypress will (maybe) take out your knife (less likely if you aren't in an attack cycle), the next keypress attacks.
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 11, 06:10AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: -snip-
That whole acheivement thing sounds cool, where can I get that?...
-mega snip-

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2277.html

Keep your eyes open for the next release (soon) with lots of cool new stuff like sounds. :D

Thanks given by:
@Bukz, thanks! Funny sounds? owo
@V-Man, thanks. I have tools.cfg, but what do I do with the zoom script to use it? Also, hands up for the teleporters!

What about an endless map? A large, vertical tunnel with teleporters in the top and bottom. You hit the bottom and spawn at the top, that way you stay constantly falling. It would make deathmatches pretty interesting in my opinion.
Portals would also make that Pac-Man map pretty awesome. xD

Killzones. Land in an area and die. Make spike/lava/tar pits that WORK. Fall into a hole and die. Stuff like that.

Also, the ability to lean around corners?

Is any of that even possible with scripts?

Thanks given by:
falling map, with killzone at the bottom, see how many you can kill before you hit the ground :)

EDIT: I'm gonna try to do a script that yells out random stuff when you kill someone, like eat lead, or something! Sound like a good idea?
Thanks given by:
@ Mikey
How about, "YOU GOT SHANKED, B*TCH!!"?
I would love that. ^w^
Wait, that's if YOU die. Crap.
Although, for that one, it would heve to be weapon specific. . . .
That would be an epic map.
I wonder how tall it would be?

Offtopic, but could someone make a fist mod for the knife? I feel like punching people.

Thanks given by:
Guys, this is a script request/brainstorming thread. Not mapping, or modding.
Thanks given by:
i agree with the person above ^^
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 11, 02:29AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: @Bukz, thanks! Funny sounds? owo
@V-Man, thanks. I have tools.cfg, but what do I do with the zoom script to use it? Also, hands up for the teleporters!

What about an endless map? A large, vertical tunnel with teleporters in the top and bottom. You hit the bottom and spawn at the top, that way you stay constantly falling. It would make deathmatches pretty interesting in my opinion.
Portals would also make that Pac-Man map pretty awesome. xD

Killzones. Land in an area and die. Make spike/lava/tar pits that WORK. Fall into a hole and die. Stuff like that.

Also, the ability to lean around corners?

Is any of that even possible with scripts?

This is an arcade-styled shooter with a strong importance placed on the "competitive scene", creative mapping within certain constraints, modding, and scripting, [/i]not making a heavily unrealistic space shooter. Try Warsow.

Thanks given by:
I'm brainstorming :/ just threw in a comment on another post is all. . .

New Idea! Is there a way to trigger a message when you die/kill? Because I'd really like to try the "YOU GOT SHANKED B*TCH!!" one. . .
Thanks given by:
If you have tools.cfg it's pretty easy:

alias k_list [fragged gibbed slashed headshot splattered]
alias check_kd [
    loop ckd 5 [
        if_conline_has (format "you %1" (at $k_list $ckd)) but_not "teammate" [
            DO STUFF IF YOU GET A KILL
        ] []
    ]
    if (alive) [] [DO STUFF IF YOU DIE]
]
add2conloop [check_kd]

People might not like how spammy it gets so you may wanna code in a simple on/off switch. ;)
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 11, 03:38AM)Mikey Wrote: EDIT: I'm gonna try to do a script that yells out random stuff when you kill someone, like eat lead, or something! Sound like a good idea?
YAIYAIYAI

@CTSTL:
Those two lines can be placed in a cfg file in an automatically-executed scripts folder (that's my best recommendation, anyway).
Thanks given by: