Server Modding
Hello, I was playing L4D2 earlier and I was playing on a modded server. And I would like to know if I could do that with my AC server. Like have new skins so that everyone sees them. Or change player speed or anything like that? Is this possible?
Thanks given by:
Skins are entirely client sided. You can change how much ammo players spawn with, add features such as "slap" (does 1 dmg to player), public !kick !ban etc commands and much more. Just browse through the source.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 11, 09:58PM)Gibstick Wrote: Skins are entirely client sided. You can change how much ammo players spawn with, add features such as "slap" (does 1 dmg to player), public !kick !ban etc commands and much more. Just browse through the source.

Were do I get the source?
Thanks given by:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/actiongame/files/
Thanks given by:
IS there any tutorials that would show me what to look for and were to add the stuff for ammo and slap?
Thanks given by:
http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
Thanks given by:
get Notepad++ and use the search feature for it.
Notepad++ automatically recognizes and highlights C++ syntax, so it'll be easier to read.

Incidentally, some of us scripters also use a plug-in for Notepad++ that recognizes CubeScript syntax. :D
And also there is CubePad. :D
Thanks given by:
Ive got Notepad ++, And does either of you know which file the ammo is in or were to search it?
FOUND IT!!! now lets try it out..but Notepad++ doesnt compile
(31 Jan 11, 10:27PM)Gibstick Wrote: http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

Do i compile all the files from the source download into the ac_client.exe
Thanks given by:
Better get an IDE. I'd suggest VC++ in this case - not because it's so newbie friendly (it's not) but because AC comes with a ready-to-use project file.
http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloa...Visual-CPP , just select your language and let it install, then open source/vcpp/cube.sln . To compile and run, click the green arrow (if I remember correctly).

Of course, you could also use Code::Blocks, but that's often a lot trickier to set up on Windows.
Thanks given by:
but i made change to the ammount of ammo..when i compile cube.sln will it include that?
Thanks given by:
Miker65, please notice that your server will get banned if it is using mods that affect the gameplay in anyway. You can make mods that send messages to the clients and such, but no ammo changing or anything like that. To do that you need to change your protocol to a "mod" protocol, or take it off of the MasterServer. Mod protocol is just inverting the protocol number, which you can find in protocol.h (I think). To connect to servers running mod protocol, use this connect:
/modconnect ip port

Just so you dont get your server banned ;)
Thanks given by:
Code::Bollocks stopped working on me for no apparent reason.
Thanks given by:
UGH! Come on..WHY ban it?
A moded server would be so fun..people would have fun.if they don't like it they can go to one of the other 10 thousand servers.
Thanks given by:
Reason for banning would be that it's an unauthorized mod on an authorized server; i.e., non-standard code running where the devs promise standard code. It's nothing personal, it's just that they want you to take your mod servers to a place designated for that.
Thanks given by:
afaik, there were too many modded servers at one time, so they cracked down on this, making a client limit as well. (there were ladder servers running with 50 clients).
Thanks given by:
Alright..I want do the server.But is till would like to add some more ammo on single player.But I changed it and I VC++ when I click the compile arow. I get this error:
"Unable to start program.
.\Debug\cube.exe

The system cannot find the file specified.
"

[Image: error.JPG]
Thanks given by:
From VC++, Build > Batch Build > Check off "standalone" and "release" > run assaultcube normally with assaultcube.bat or server.bat
Thanks given by:
Were is the Batch Build menu? i cant find it. I can rightclick and click build but thats its
Thanks given by:
It's at the top, under the "Build" menu.
Thanks given by:
I give up no code is working
Thanks given by:
[Image: buildw.png]
Thanks given by:
[Image: menu.jpg]
@Gibstick
I have 2010...Could this be why?
Thanks given by:
this is fun
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 11, 03:19AM)V-Man Wrote: this is fun

HAHAHAHA No, I used to do a little C++, but lost it, now I'm just trying to do this one little thing. And none of it's working.
Thanks given by:
Try xcode.
Thanks given by:
(01 Feb 11, 03:23AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Try xcode.
The xcode folder? has like 10 things in it. How would I use that?
Thanks given by:
RR means xcode sucks even more.
Thanks given by:
*sigh*
Well I guess one thing came out of this.
If anyone ever accuses me of cheating, I'll just send them to this thread.
HAHAHA
I'm so retarted:(
Thanks given by:
No, I mean that xCode works for me.
Funny fact: Its for mac only.
Thanks given by:
Check if bin/ac_client.exe has been modified (just check the date). If the date is today, just run assaultcube.bat.
Thanks given by: