Problems with custom mapmodel
Okies. I have a problem with making custom mapmodels.
Just gonna start by telling you what I did as a test.
1. Made a simple model in Blender. A cube extruded up 2 units and then the top four vertices merged to make a house shaped thingy. Also converted it to triangles.
2. Created a 256*256 square in GIMP, filled it with the maple leaf texture (comes with it default)
3. Marked a seam on my model and unwrapped it onto the maple leaf texture
4. Set texface (dont know if that would help [texface sets the UV texture as the material])
5. Saved the file
6. Exported model as tris.md2 and put it in a new mapmodel folder titled 'Green'
7. Also added the maple texture as skin.jpg in the folder
8. Made an empty map, size 7 and saved it as mapmode_test.cgz (typo in my map name)
9. Made a config for the map and added my model as mapmodel 136
10. Added model to the map.
It works, but not very well. The model shows up in the map, but is about an inch tall. If I zoom in on it with the sniper rifle I can see the texture, but one of the triangles is transparent. What can I do to make it bigger and try to fix the hole in the texture?
-Frogulis

ps - I have made the model much bigger in Blender and exported it again, with no change.
Thanks given by:
you need to mess with the mdscale, i think thats what its called, been a while since i messed with ac, in the model's folder there should be a cfg file in there labeled md2.cfg or md3.cfg, what ever your dealin with, and in the file simply type mdscale or mdlscale, like 200 or some thing, just mess around with the size
Thanks given by:
Make a file called md2.cfg, put it in the same folder as your model and add "mdlscale x" where x is a number. Scale it a bit to see if it will get bigger, but I don't know anything about the texture.
Thanks given by:
The hole in blender is a wrong face.
You have two options:
1. Select all press Ctrl+n and hope you have no uneccesary faces
2. search for the "hole" with texture mode select it and look for the button "flip face"

EDIT: Gotcha tempest :P
Thanks given by:
Keep in mind that the value for mdlscale is in percent.

EDIT: nvm, a_slow_old_man was quite fast
Thanks given by:
errrrghhh.....
Tried mdlscale, put it on 200. Don't know if it worked as I also tried a_slow_old_man's solutions at the same time. I think I may have done something wrong.
Set blender to texture draw and looked at it. I couldn't find anything different about the triangle that was missing in AC. I also tried Ctrl+N. I don't know what that does, but it seems to have made my model appear invisible in AC :s
Help?
Thanks given by:
then select all again and press ctrl+n again
or all and "flip normals"

Your call
Thanks given by:
...or just use "recalculate outside".
Thanks given by:
Set mdlscale to something ridiculous like 1600, 3200, or other squares of 2 * 100. When you find the proper scale, go back into the model, resize it, export .md2 again and delete that damn md2.cfg.
Thanks given by: