[FINAL] ac_mojave
Mojave Desertic Area [Southbound]

*Plot
It seems that this part of the town is the last one with a consistent supply of water. CLA took its possess, but local citizens didn't agree and started a riot against them, without any success. So RVSF entered the area and closed both accessess to the main street. Now it's only CLA vs RVSF in a bloody war...

*Modes
All flag/FFA modes.

*License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Shot:
http://www.akimbo.in/files/uploads/ac_mojave.jpg
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/2011020618...javet.jpg/
http://img98.imageshack.us/i/20110206184...javet.jpg/
http://img189.imageshack.us/i/mapshotacm...10202.jpg/

Any comment is welcome!
Thanks given by:
Do you know what i like most?

the fact your map has a back story. i dont see that much in AC.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jan 11, 11:39PM)MykeGregory Wrote: ...back story. i dont see that much in AC.
It's odd, because if you look through the older map releases on akimbo or quad, people used to do them all the time.
Checking it out now Andrez...
Thanks given by:
oh, i wasnt aware of those.
Thanks given by:
What the heck is a mojave?
Nice map, though.
Thanks given by:
It's a desert isn't it?
*GOOGLE TIME*
Yes, desert in the USA.

Also, is AKIMBO down? I can't seem to download your map....which is a pity, it looks nice through the pics. :(
Thanks given by:
I love the layout presented here & hope to test it for myself, an all around nice map Andrez
Thanks given by:
* Frogulis likes it.

Firstly, this probably isn't a good reason to like it, but the shotgun is not that useful on this map. FTW.
I played a couple of bot matches (dm and tdm) and I found it to be pretty good. Although it took me a while to find my way around the map, once I'd got the hang of the place it made for an enjoyable game.
For things you could fix, the only real problem I found was that I could walk through the rails on the side of your wire platforms. Just add some clips to these and will be good. Also, your water is a very bright blue.
Other than those two, this map is fun and runs quite well.
Nice one.

p.s. - more grenades! :p
Thanks given by:
(30 Jan 11, 11:39PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Do you know what i like most?

the fact your map has a back story. i dont see that much in AC.
I hope you like the map anyway :D

(31 Jan 11, 02:03AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: What the heck is a mojave?
Nice map, though.

(31 Jan 11, 02:45AM)Frogulis Wrote: It's a desert isn't it?
*GOOGLE TIME*
Yes, desert in the USA.

Also, is AKIMBO down? I can't seem to download your map....which is a pity, it looks nice through the pics. :(
Thank you :)
Also, a clarification: even if the desert is from America, doors and some other things are in Arabian style. I chose that name just because it sounded cool.

(31 Jan 11, 08:12AM)Elven Wrote: I love the layout presented here & hope to test it for myself, an all around nice map Andrez

(31 Jan 11, 10:38AM)Frogulis Wrote: * Frogulis likes it.

Firstly, this probably isn't a good reason to like it, but the shotgun is not that useful on this map. FTW.
I played a couple of bot matches (dm and tdm) and I found it to be pretty good. Although it took me a while to find my way around the map, once I'd got the hang of the place it made for an enjoyable game.
For things you could fix, the only real problem I found was that I could walk through the rails on the side of your wire platforms. Just add some clips to these and will be good. Also, your water is a very bright blue.
Other than those two, this map is fun and runs quite well.
Nice one.

p.s. - more grenades! :p
Yes, I'll add more pickups. Also, I'd need the RGB values for watercolour. Thanks anyway!
Thanks given by:
Akimbo should be back up now... ;-)
What I was trying to post as I lost connection to the forum:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_Desert
Thanks given by:
Your welcome, & I'd like to get the download link as soon as you can set one up. :)

But I'd also like to point out that maybe you could add a little more detail around the CLA base.
Thanks given by:
Finished!
Some pickups and details added, and rail clipping fixed!

Can someone test it online to see if it meets all the requirements? Thanks!
Thanks given by:
- Water colour could be a more lighter shade of blue to make it look more realistic.
- Making the well the same colour as the walls would look nice, but that's just in my opinion.
- I think I still get stuck while walking past the rails.

All in all I think this is a really good map.
Job well done Andrez!!
Thanks given by:
Andrez, would you mind if i added this to the ausD maprot?
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 11, 07:22AM)DrauL Wrote: Andrez, would you mind if i added this to the ausD maprot?
It would be great :D

Thanks given by:
Awesome, i will upload it and it will be added to the maprot in the next week or so.
Thanks given by:
looks good =)
Thanks given by:
Ya I'd like to add this to the |iC| maprot if that's fine with you?
Thanks given by:
(03 Feb 11, 11:00PM)Elven Wrote: Ya I'd like to add this to the |iC| maprot if that's fine with you?
Sure, it is! I would be happy!
And in case, for the others, you don't need to ask if you want to use it for your maprots!
Thanks given by:
I find those questions somewhat funny. Actually, mappers create maps and share them here because they want them to be played. That's what I assume, anyway.
Thanks given by:
I think it is nice to tell the mappers you are going to use the map ;)
No need to ask though. Especially right after a release like this one.
Thanks given by:
wH0pXeR. wants to be taught this awesome mapping skillage.
Thanks given by:
I just like to confirm really.
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 11, 07:09AM)bballn45 Wrote: wH0pXeR.
please stop referring to yourself in the third person, it gets irritating
(05 Feb 11, 07:09AM)bballn45 Wrote: wants to be taught this awesome mapping skillage

I can teach ya.
Thanks given by:
This thread is called «[FINAL] ac_mojave» but akimbo says «Version: Early beta».

Does akimbo have the final version?
If so, can someone please update version there.

Edit: Just downloaded from akimbo.
«sorry, this map does not satisfy quality requirements to be played in mulitiplayer mode»
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 11, 07:09AM)bballn45 Wrote: wH0pXeR. wants to be taught this awesome mapping skillage.
Too kind, thank you! :)
(05 Feb 11, 09:40AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: This thread is called «[FINAL] ac_mojave» but akimbo says «Version: Early beta».

Does akimbo have the final version?
If so, can someone please update version there.

Edit: Just downloaded from akimbo.
«sorry, this map does not satisfy quality requirements to be played in mulitiplayer mode»
It is the final one; I have just updated it.

Anyway, that's really bad ç__ç which requirement does it break?

Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 11, 07:32PM)Andrez Wrote: ...

MAP CHECK FAIL: The flags are too close to each other
Thanks given by:
30 cubes.
Thanks given by:
(05 Feb 11, 09:59PM)jamz Wrote:
(05 Feb 11, 07:32PM)Andrez Wrote: ...

MAP CHECK FAIL: The flags are too close to each other

(05 Feb 11, 11:50PM).ExodusS* Wrote: 30 cubes.
They are 44 cubes far AFAIK...... Did I miss something?
Thanks given by:
Just push them a few cubes further off and it should work. Seems like the 30 cubes distance isn't really 30 cubes like that.
Thanks given by: